Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22774

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Help!!

awgsm
awgsm
Mexico
2010/06/12, 07:17 PM
Hey Guys,

I just found out about this forum and im really glad I did!

I have a question which I really need some help with, so everything is appreciated.

My goal is mainly to loose body fat in order for my abs to show.

OK, 4 months ago I weighted 64 Kgs, but I had a big big belly, kind of big for my body, I did lots of exercise, around 45-50 minutes running per day or 1 hour in stationary bike (around 500-600 kcal burned per session daily), but I was eating everything I wanted.

Recently I was diagnosed with hypertension, therefore I have to take enormous care of what I eat, so that helped me change my eating habits, here is a list of what I eat each day and everything I use to cooke it. I try to keep it as natural as possible.

For breakfast I have 2 scrambled eggs with turkey breast and 1 apple or small portion of watermelon + 2-3 glasses of water.

Then I go exercise (now I do cross-trainer or swim, alternating each day) around 1 hour (700kcal if its cross-trainer, no idea how much I burn when I swim though).

After exercising I eat a salad, I put the following ingredients: lettuce, spinach, turkey breast, sesame seeds, pepper, italian herbs, tomato, cheese (the one you use for pastas, it comes in a package), extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and on occasions salmon slices.

Note: Im trying to eat every 2 hours to speed up my metabolism but anyway im eating this every day. This is followed by 1-2 glasses of water.

Later I eat one piece of grilled chicken maybe with mozzarella cheese as well as 1 caprice salad made by mixing one entire tomato and mozzarella cheese.
After I have one apple or watermelon or grapes.

On occasions I buy peanuts, the normal ones which are NOT fried, that you have to crack them to open them, I eat like 20 pieces.

After a while I eat either 1 oatmeal which I mix with low-fat milk, cinnamon and honey. Sometimes I also have a piece if white (like cottage) cheese.

Once a week I go out and eat at a restaurant and eat something I shouldn't to satisfy cravings, like maybe a burger or an ice-cream.

Anyways, Im weighting 58 kgs now but my abs are still not showing. Ive heard that for that I have to lower by body fat percentage to 10%, so thats like 2 more kgs (of what I learned) but its been over a months and I cant get lower than 58 kgs.

Any ideas why? Do you think my eating habits are ok? Any suggestions to that?

I appreciate your help! Thank you!