Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hello... HELP!

btwine
btwine
United States
2012/09/22, 10:07 AM
Hello, my name is Bethany Twine. I am 22 years old and will be 23 next month. My goal is not merely weight, although that is a major factor. My goal is to get my figure the way I want it. However, my biggest obsticle is my brething. I have difficulty breathing in even the most basic living things... Last that I weighed myself, I was 178 lbs. I am 5 fot 7 inches and I am rather certain that the way I am now is not the way I ought to be. I need to lose fat everywhere but the biggest area to lose the fat is the abdominal area.
I have a family history of Diabetes, Heart Disease, and High Blood Pressure, as well as Arthritis. If I don't lose the weight while I am still young, I will have a lower chance of it as the years pass me by and a higher chance of developing these diseases. One of the other biggest obstacles is that I am on quite a few psych meds so it is very hard to undergo any sort of plan because, in general many medications that help a normal person to lose weight would counteract the current meds that I am already on, which can be very, very  bad.
My biggest fear is that if I feel like I cannot breath or that I dont see any progress that I will end up giving up and I cannot afford to do that. I have no access to a gym and am on food stamps, so I have to choose the foods that are least expensive, which can be difficult when the ones that are really bad for you are the ones that are the least expensive.
I need meals that are simple and easy to carry out and snacks that will leave me feeling full because I am always hungry. I don't eat because of boredom but because it makes my stomach feel better. It is possible that this is purely psychological but how can I even tell the difference. I need to find a way to make myself either feel full, of find foods that both taste good and will make it easier to eat healthier. What do I do?
If I could find recipes that require very few ingredients, that would make it easier to buy heathier foods because I would not need so many things. I am also addicted to chocolate, a very bad thing to have when I need to lose weight and do not want to gain it. But it is not justjust chocolate, it is sweets, period. Is there any way that I can be heathier but still indulge in sweets? Like maybe simple but healthier desserts?
Also, I have sever acid reflux disease, so I have to be careful on that account, too. And my fiance is hypoglycemic, which makes cooking difficult because he needs high protein count.
Also, How do I figure out how to choose the healthier options for foods? For example, Chicken salad, if done right, can be heathy. But the problem is the bread.... Bread is really bad for you and I love bread... Plus, leftover turkey from thanksgiving, or chicken salad make great lunches because you can make salads, which are quick and simple... What is the healthiest way to eat any type of sandwich? Is there an alternative to regular bread (whether it be wheat or white)? How do I figure out a way to make sure I only get what i need but still not be too hungry or end up gaining weight? Please help me!
carlitox
carlitox
Mexico
2012/09/29, 01:23 AM (Edited: carlitox - 2012/09/29, 01:24 AM)
#1 thing you need is DICIPLINE

You're not the only one, we all need it, but i wanna emphesize it, in your case.

To start chopping away your amdominal area, surprise surprise, don't work out your abdominals with crunches and other ab work outs, at all. 
You need muscle, lots of it. All over your body, so it's a lot easier for you to maintain a healthy body.

I recommend:
Squats -> works out your butt, biggest muscle in your body. Idea is: Keep your biggest muscle hungry, it'll eat away the most fat.
Jogging & Running -> No walking, we want to build your leg muscles. May also help with your breathing: OVER TIME...
Plank -> IMO This exersice is the holy grail of core exersice,  very simple,  very boring, and at first very difficult.
Push ups -> if you can't do one, focus on planks, if/when you can do one or two do about 5 sets mixed in with other work outs(squats, planks)

Just keep in mind your goal is building muscle and strength. When you google or look up fitness info, look into muscle building, just blur out the parts that tell you to eat more so you get bigger

More muscle in your body, will force you to loose weight.

You don't need a strict workout routine, 2 days a week is fine, more is generally better, random days (loose schedule) is better

A lot of people eat food to comfort themselves, I know i do. You can't.  stay true to your diet, and it's ok if you CHEAT a bit, like eating out during the weekend or special occasions. It's also ok to mess up and eat when you shouldn't< When you do, don't hate yourself, just realize it's wrong and try not to finish it. If you wanna take it a step higher, wear a rubber band, and everytime you break your diet, pull on it. It shouldn't be crazy painful, just a lil pinch is enough, it's a psychological trick to help people break habits, i think its called rubber band therapy.

Avoid junk food, You know when it's junk food. Get some almodns, they make great snacks. Corn flakes will do too, sometimes you just need something to crunch on, aim for snacks that are crunchy, natural, whole grain or wheat. 

Bread is good, just make sure it's not white bread. Rice? great, just as long as it's not white.
Make a rule in your head when buying grocceries,"if it's not suppose to be white, then it's bad for you". 
Bread and rice are supposed to be brownish yellow. Go for wholle grain

Drinking lots of water, always eating a healthy breakfast, plenty of sleep, and taking protein help keep you feeling full, so you eat less.