Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1536, Messages: 27035

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hello!

Chrisflev
Chrisflev
United Kingdom
2017/04/20, 12:43 PM (Edited: Chrisflev - 2017/04/20, 12:48 PM)
Hi guys and girls

I'm just wondering what kind of weight I should be using? I'm looking to, I don't think bulk up is the right word, but put some more muscle on and tone up (dunno if that makes sense :P).

I've found a plan that looks good but I can't see anything about the weights I should be using.

I have a bench, bar and a selection of dumbbells at home (which is where I will be doing my plan). Because of this I don't have a spotter so I won't be able to find out my true 1RM for each exercise. I was thinking of doing a 'guestimate' and do 60% of that?

Brief info: I'm 5ft 9, about 135lbs (so quite slim) with a very fast metabolism... although I have noticed the start of belly fat and the dreaded moobs! Oh yeah I'm also male : )

Any and all tips/suggestions/advice are welcome. Same goes for nutrition (this is nornally where I go wrong) : )

FYI: I'll be doing the Mass Workout 12 Week Plan.

Cheers

Chris