Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hello

DianePicard
DianePicard
Canada
2013/07/17, 12:20 PM
Hi! Just to let you know that I am a total mess. I am 280 pounds 5'2 with chronic arthritis I am an Office Administrator and basically sit behind a desk all day.  My goal is to overcome the pain and lose as much weight as I possibly can and become a very healthy person. 

I realize that I need a lot of help but the gym just does not cut it for me. Once I am home I don't feel like leaving again. I have absolutely no motivation at all. I tried Tai Chi for seniors/rehab but I found it was not what I needed. The group were in their late 70's  and it was just too slow for me. Too bad because I would have enjoyed that.

Nonetheless, I downloaded a cd Tai chi for Arthritis and have started doing that at home and I love it. I saw an Occupational Therapist and I have to walk 12 times a day for 5 minutes each time.My husband has agreed to start preparing weight watchers or Paleo meals because we both need to change our lifestyle. Now I have to start pushing myself to come up with a daily routine and stick with it. The first thing I did was joint this website, and  most of weight watchers website is free. I hope I meet a lot of good friends here and encourage each other in the process.