Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hello!

amethius
amethius
United States
2012/12/06, 11:33 AM (Edited: amethius - 2012/12/06, 11:40 AM)
I am new to FreeTrainers.com! Hello to everyone. Right now I weigh the most I have every weighed in my life, 200 lbs. Growing up I've always fluctuated weight, but also had a very active life including extracurricular activities in grade school and undergraduate, as well as had gym memberships and did my own exercise program. But of course, my metabolism was a lot better 10 -15 years ago. Right now, my goal is to lose 50 lbs, adopt a better nutritional diet, as well as maintain a healthy lifestyle for the remainder of my life.

I realized I had bad eating habits like eating very late and then going to sleep immediately, overeating during recovery from a hangover, just to name a few, especially during times of extreme stress. With blessing from above, as my mind cleared and my stress has lessened (or more importantly, I've learned to "LET GO", my body started following in tow. My portions became smaller and I feel less hungry. I cut back on caffeine and drink herbal tea, or if I need the caffeine, I drink green tea. I've reduced my sugar intake, initially because I had a bad tooth (which was extracted) and couldn't take eating any sweets; however, as in any habit, it is now in my diet to minimize my sugar intake. I stopped being a soda junky back in high school, and only indulge on occasionally.

Now I have a gym membership, a personal trainer app, and registered with a couple of sites that focus on weight loss, nutrition, and fitness (such as Freetrainers.com). Its been a challenge, but like any habit, I am getting rid of old nasty diet habits and replacing with new habits such as counting calories, taking the stairs, adding in at least 3-4 days of exercise to my weekly routine and keeping a positive that I will succeed.  Look forward to benefits of freetrainers.com as well as getting some tips and advice from other members that are also on the journey to healthy living.