Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hello

stephnow2012
stephnow2012
United Kingdom
2012/05/09, 10:08 AM
Hello,
Celebrating my 33rd birthday tomorrow and am giving myself the gift of a healthier lifestyle.  Have about 50lbs to lose.  Used to be very athletic (pre-children) so am hoping to achieve my goal whilst getting fit as well (not just skinny - although the thought of slimming downn is very exciting).  Mostly want to be a fun fit Mum whose energy can match her children's.

xxSteph
jraerae
jraerae
United States
2012/05/09, 10:44 AM
My 11 yr old son started with me at the gym today. It was totally awesome, he just inspires me. He is taking the reins of a new lifestyle, he told me, I wanted to go with u for a while but was afraid to ask. Awe, plus he did great covered a lot , his favorite was treadmill and kickboxing, finally row machine. He's going tomorrow. Kids r amazing.
stephnow2012
stephnow2012
United Kingdom
2012/05/09, 01:29 PM
You're so right - the best personal trainers in the world.  Mine are quite a bit younger.  My daughter is 4 and VERY active her favourite is to go for a bike ride with me or go to the park and play football.  My son is 15mths and has just discovered the joy of movement and is everywhere and into everything!!  Its finding time outside of them and my full time job to get proper adult exercise is my main problem.   Maybe you are on to something and I shouldn't be so upset about not getting time away from them to exercise but instead to exercise with them!