Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

height growth - bb1fit

rambo78
rambo78
United States
2008/08/16, 01:20 AM
Hi bb1fit,

I wanted to know if there is any exercise or diet to increase your height. I know gym trainers giving some exercises saying this will help height growth (stretching, hanging) but my search on the net all across shows that none of these exercises or diet are scientifically proved to stimulate height growth. For that matters what is the logic behind hanging or stretching helping you gain height.

I did check with one of the best known trainer in town who runs several fitness academy and is an fitness counceller. He says that there is no exercise or diet to increse height. He runs several gyms and he does not take admission for people who just came to increase height.

He said that there is a growth place on our bones and once the growth plate gets firm then you stop growing. We have no control on growth plate.

merrillj
merrillj
United States
2008/08/16, 07:29 AM
I am obviously not bb1fit, but that "best known trainer" that you talked to was absolutely correct. Height is determined by genetics. Stretching will help with flexibility and mobility. Hanging will take pressure off of the spine. The only method used to increase height is through correcting and strengthening muscle imbalances in persons with bad posture. This is usually done through strengthening the upper back muscles so they don't have forward lean and droopy shoulders like a neanderthal.
rambo78
rambo78
United States
2008/08/16, 08:01 AM
merrillj,Thanks for replying on this.

Not sure how this works. "Hanging will take pressure off of the spine"

Can you please throw some light on this.
merrillj
merrillj
United States
2008/08/16, 08:58 AM
The weight of your upper body is supported by the spine. By hanging, you relieve this weight from the spine.

If you hang from a pullup bar, relax your whole body and you can actually feel the tension relief on the spine. It helps to use some sort of hand straps or hooks to secure your grip better for extended hanging and to completely relax. Or you can use one of those captain's chair devices in which your upper body weight is supported by your arms. I prefer hanging from a bar though.

There is also inverted hanging where you hang by your feet. Done this way you can hold weighted objects at your chest or arms length to increase the pulling.
rambo78
rambo78
United States
2008/08/17, 02:35 AM
merrillj, thanks for this information.