Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Football, supplements, weight gain

Paully
Paully
United States
2003/12/12, 08:30 PM
I am currently 15 years old and I just got done with J.V. football (9-1 oh yeah!) I am looking ahead to next year on varsity (3-7) I play tackle and I am trying to start next year. I currently am 6'4" 230 but by next year I want to be 240-260. But I don't want to be fat. I am enrolled in a weight training class. I am also doing wrestling so I can't help but lose some weight in those practices. What should I do, take, eat?
GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2003/12/13, 04:56 PM
well, you should glad that ur doing wrestling and able to shed all that fat so ur a wall of iron. What i did when i finsihed my JV Sseason was i Just tried to stock up on gaining lean muslce mass by eating healthy, not eating so many carbohydrates, taking a protein shake called mega whey from gnc, which also helps with recovery(boy does it help i could go out and kill myself at practice, then take a protein shake and wake up feeling very little soreness) I dont know what ur practices are like, they should get u in great shape, also i would do a bunch of sprints and starts of the line. Handwork, pracitce getting ur hands on the V OF THE NECK which is the center of the shoulder pads if u didnt know that, footwork agility. But i did this in the offseason if i didnt wrestle. So if you can just work of basic skills and maybe alittle extra stuff that i was talking about , why dont you ask your coach? thats what i did as part of my own stuff, and i saw great gains.

Hope this helps