Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

First Day

Scrogham
Scrogham
United States
2014/04/27, 01:21 PM
I am 20 years old and it is time for me to make some important decisions for my future. My first decision is to get in shape- I want to be healthy so that I can have a happier life.  I have no motivation besides wanting to look and feel good.  I have been pretty sedentary since I quit dancing in high school.... So any encouragement or suggestions for a fitness beginner would be greatly appreciated.
stevewit34
stevewit34
United States
2014/04/28, 09:47 PM
all i can say is start slow and not over do it to start i work out 3 times a week am going to up it to a 4th day when a month is up.
Scrogham
Scrogham
United States
2014/04/28, 11:58 PM
Thanks- I think that is why I never stick to any workout regimens, I set myself up to go too hard and I burn out. I will definitely take it slow this go round.
Olly99
Olly99
United Kingdom
2014/04/30, 02:40 AM
Hi there, First off I want to say that I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your dad, I lost my mum last year and it's tough to pick yourself up, I too have suffered with depression throughout my life and it can really destroy what little confidence you have. I have been lifting weights for just over 14 months now and I'm finally seeing results and it feels great, But it is hard to keep motivated.Personally i imagine that my mum is looking down on me and telling me i can do it. The first thing you need to tackle is changing your diet to a clean diet , NO processed foods(this is a tough one!!!), I like to stick to organic foods, Protein is important so Chicken(no K.F.C!!!) is a good one,Natural peanut butter,Eggs,Tuna,Greek yoghurt with fruit, Wholemeal bread, LOTS of fruit & veg.I have a protein shake 3-5 times a day.As far as exercises go ,Jumping jacks,Push-ups(these suck to do but do work!),Jackknife crunches and I know it sucks but jogging really burns calories and remember that short intense bursts of exercise do way more good than spending hours killing yourself at the gym.I workout 4 times a week for 30-45 minutes.I don't know if anything I've said will help,I hope it does!, Try to prepare yourself for the long haul as despite what the magazines say,Losing fat and building muscle is a painfully slow process,but once you start seeing results it feels SO amazing!!!, If you ever want to talk this a good place to find people that are going through the same stuff as you Ang If you want to talk to me i'm here,I wish you all the best on your journey!!, From "Olly99"