Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Firefighter's Work Schedule

rtopoleski
rtopoleski
United States
2003/05/30, 10:25 AM
I am a southwest florida firefighter who works a schedule of one day on (24 hours from 8 am to 8 am), followed by two days off.

At my station, we have a stair machine and treadmill for aerobic workouts and a new Cybex gympack (with ability to do military presses, incline presses, bench presses, lat pull-downs, tricep push-downs, bicep curls, lower back cable rows, leg extensions, leg curls, etc.), as well as a set of dumbells that can be changed for different weights (with incline bench to come soon).

Because there are so many workout theories and programs out there, I am having a hard time figuring out the best program for me to use.

I am trying to build muscle mass, while losing weight. (I am 5' 10" and 190 pnds.) I also want to target trouble areas like my glutious maximus and "beer belly."

Can anyone out there provide me with a Moses-like parting of the "excess exercise information sea" and lead to me to a efficient and effective aerobic and anaerobic program to fit my schedule?

Thanks!

--------------
Rob T.
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/05/30, 04:42 PM
First thank you for doing the work you do! If you fill out your profile on this site it will help you work out an exercise plan to suit your particular needs. And it gives you options for programs that target specific problems. Also I have gained incredibly helpful info just reading through some of the posts that are already on here. I hope that helps, but I'm sure you will get several responses. Good Luck. (Our gym is right next to the fire station and some of the guys work out there. I get a great feeling of patriotism when this one firefighter comes over and uses the stairstepper with his gear on.)

--------------
~Victoria~
...Some things have to be believed to be seen!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/05/30, 07:08 PM
Hi rtopeleski, and welcome to freetrainers.
You might want to try the weight loss and definition training program (8 weeks) on here.
Sounds like you have a great machine to do your routine with. Good Luck.

--------------
You can walk to anywhere you want, it only takes time.

Ivan Montreal Canada (aka SpongeBob Square Pants to some!)