Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Finally here for Advice!!

DBTC
DBTC
United States
2012/07/31, 12:58 PM (Edited: DBTC - 2012/07/31, 12:59 PM)
Hi! I am new to this site and am pretty excited about the networking and tips here. I am stuck in my weight loss and really need some advice.....
I had a couple of puppies and gained a bunch of weight in the process. (I took that eating for 2 thing litterally :)  
My dh and I have been going to the gym together 4-5x a week since April. We typically do 30 minutes of cardio and 15-20 minutes a day. I am aiming for 400 calories a meal, which isn't an exact science, and I am not measuring it out, but am making pretty significant changes to my diet.... just being careful. I have cut out all fast food and soda. We are eating yogurt for dessert instead of ice cream, have increased our fish consumption and decreased red meat consumption.... things like that....and I have lost 6 pounds. :( I can tell that my body is reshaping, and my friends ask if I am loosing weight... I tell them I am just redistributing it. 
The trick is I have 54lbs to loose! :( 
Without being on a "diet" which I would never be able to do as a life change...how in the world can I loose weight faster? I like the changes so far, but after 3 months, I would really like to be down at least 1 pants size.

Any tips would be wonderful!! So glad I found this site!