Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

fiber

Dillon866
Dillon866
United States
2004/05/20, 08:59 PM
ok well i have two questions, first i heard fiber is good for your diet and i heard it is good for weight lose, is that true? second if that is true what are good veggies or fruits that contain a lot of fiber thanks:)

--------------
Mary
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/05/22, 06:32 PM
Well you have insoluable fiber and solable fiber. Insoluable is stuff like lettice...it can't be digested but it scraps the colon out on the way out.( cleans it like drano does your pipes lol) Soluable is digestable and adds bulk to your "load" and makes you feel fuller as well as makes things pass easier. If your on a high protein diet, fiber is a must have cause you might get backed up. Usually its 10 grams of fiber per every 1000 calories.

* note* celluious which is found in the casings or cord, cucumbers, lettice.......if you don't chew your food wel enough, it passes threw the digestive system untouched... this is why corn somtimes goes in, and comes back out as corn!
Fact: no vertibrate organism can digest celluious, the animals that eat grass( cows and bunnies) have to have bacteria in there stomaches and appendax to digest the celluious.....bacteria gets engery as well as the animal.

Just a few intresting tid bits you might like.

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn