Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

fatty pecs

billym
billym
Australia
2002/07/05, 11:57 AM
Hi! In the last few years i have neglected to continue previous training that left me with sizeable firm pecs and abs. As a result of this recent neglect, my pecs have become fat and soft as well as my stomach.
Can any of you please explain to me what types of exercises focus on the pecs - to tone, not to add mass.
Thanks
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/07/05, 01:33 PM
Welcome to ft! Have you signed up for an ft program? Specifically, you can sign up for the ab blast program to take care of your stomach. As far as your pecs, you can do inclined bench presses as well as flyes. Keep the weights light to moderate and concentrate on good form.

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
dsarco
dsarco
United States
2002/07/09, 07:52 PM
Flyes and presses are the two basic chest movements. You will get a good, all-around chest workout with those.

Second of all, there's no such thing as toning. Muscle cells either grow (hypertrophy) or break down (catabolize), and bodyfat deposits either grow or shrink -- those are the only adjustments you can make. Toning is usually understood to mean adding a minimal amount of muscle, increasing muscle tonus (degree of firmness) and reducing bodyfat.

To create an environment favorable for building even a little bit of muscle, consume about 1 gram of protein daily per pound of lean body mass. When your protein intake is too low, the body can cannibalize its own tissue to obtain the amino acids it needs to support various biological functions. This results in a higher bodyfat-to-muscle ratio -- exactly what you don't want.

--------------
"Step over to the Abdominator and I will shout slogan's at you"..McBain
chitwnpete
chitwnpete
United States
2002/07/11, 11:57 AM
hi all! new to ft. i keep on asking myself "whats the catch?" i've signed up for a 12 week program....and can't wait to start it...i'm a little clumbsy navigating the site, but i guess i'll get better

pete
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/07/11, 01:22 PM
I know Pete, isn't it great? I hope that things go well for you. Good luck and welcome.

--------------
Ischjli
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." -- T. S. Elliot