Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Exercise with Minimum Equipment

saurabhsahu
saurabhsahu
India
2002/04/09, 03:30 AM
I have been working out for the last 1 1/2 yrs and all I have are a pair of 15 pound dumbells and now I am in great shape.

I want to know more exercises that will help me get even better with the least ammount of equipment used.

Also tell me various ways or swimming strokes that will help me tone specific muscle groups as I swim.
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/04/09, 09:43 AM
Filling out your profile could of helped enormously... anyway I would recommend you get at least a bar and maybe some more dumbbells.. then you could at least do a lot of the freeweight exercises there are.. I had just a bar for a while but then I got some spinlock dumbells.. opened up a lot more exercises... thats the least amount of equipment I think that you could get the most out of... unless you only wanted to do dumbbell exercises.. as for the swimming stuff.. I dun0.. i don't swim..
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/09, 10:59 AM
Well, we don't know what your goal is (tone or gain mass). If it's toning, then just stick with what you already have...especially if you are happy with the results. If you're after mass, your pair of 15 pounds dumbbells simply won't do! You'll need to buy at least a flat bench, barbell and additional plate weights. If you want to save yourself space or don't want to buy the equipment, then join a gym.

For swimming, shoulder exercises work well (push presses, front and lateral raises, etc.). Also, the various forms of squats will be good for training the legs. Alternatively, you can emplore plyometric exercises which will help you build explosiveness.

--------------
**_Robert_**
saurabhsahu
saurabhsahu
India
2002/04/19, 05:49 AM
Thanks a lot FIRELORD. I really thin that I should buy abar now. Thans a lot for your advise.

Thanks Robert - I do have some space in my room where I can atleast fit a flat bench to put the bar in use. Thanks a lot lot for your advise.

My actual goal is to tone up and mass gain. I want to fit and muscular but not huge.

Can you please tell me something about plyometric exercises and some reading material that is available on a site.

Bye, Keep me posted...

SaurabhSahu
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/19, 11:00 AM
Try this site for a list of plyometric (sports-specific) exercises:

http://www.fitnesscomplete.co.uk/chapters/ply/sports.htm

--------------
**_Robert_**