Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Exercise induced hypo-glycemia

BARETAP73
BARETAP73
United States
2006/04/03, 08:23 AM
Anyone have any experience with this? Just wondering... I have been dealing with this for about a year now and wanted to ask if anyone else had any tips on it. I'm currently eating a 1/2 protein bar before I workout and that seems to keep my blood sugar ok unless I do a really intensive work out....
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/04/03, 09:41 AM
That's hard to answer not knowing what your food intake is. If you're on a low carb diet, that would be part of your problem.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
BARETAP73
BARETAP73
United States
2006/04/03, 11:11 AM
I have a pretty regular diet including protein and whole grain in almost every meal. My caloric intake is probably around 1900-2100 calories per day. I intentionally don't eat a lot of processed sugar, but I do include natural sugars in my diet such as rasins or honey. I'm kinda at a loss.....
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/04/03, 01:40 PM
Hi
MY advice as someone that has had hypo for years now,is get rid of all sugars,including honey,and eat only those found in fruit and vegtables..any sugar,whether natural or processed sets up the same reaction in your body,and natural is no better than refined or processed

Before and after you work out,eat somthing that contains alot of protein and some carb, not sugar,because the sugar gets processed too quickly,but concentrate on the protein.In fact raising your protein will help to regulate your insulin alot better.

Beware of foods that may contain alot of sugar..even your whole grain breads..

Afer many years of trial and error I have found a eating plan that allows me to control my hypo...I eat 6 small meals a day,with protein and carbs and no sugar..