Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Eating 4-5 meals a day?

Sue38
Sue38
United Kingdom
2010/01/30, 03:16 PM
Hi there,

I'm just about to start my 3rd week of training, and everything seems to be going well. I am eating healthily, but need to get the hang of dividing up my food and eating 4-5 small meals a day. I guess changing the habits of a lifetime can be tricky!
My question is, can pieces of fruit, vegetables or smoothies be counted as one of those meals? And if not, how do people manage to prepare so many meals per day, and keep them variable and interesting? A few suggestions from the pros would be a great help!!!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/01/30, 04:24 PM
Fruits can be part of a snack. Depending what is in the smoothie, it can be a meal.

Don't beat yourself up on the meals. As long as you are getting in healthy food about every two to three hours. it can be 3 meals and two snacks. It can be 5-6 small meals about 400-500 calories each. There are many ways to do a plan. You may want to try 3 meals and two snacks. A great snack for me is an apple with a handful of walnuts and almonds. Or 0 fat yogurt with some fruit. Many things too try.
The smoothie can be a meal as long as it contains protein Carbs and healthy fat.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)