Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Diet on a budget

snoho07
snoho07
United States
2013/02/07, 10:47 PM
I'm a college student. I eat better than a lot of others I know, ie very little fast food or junk food and I mostly cook my own meals, but I need some help expanding my food options without taking a huge hit to my wallet. I love italian and asian foods with a couple basic american foods thrown in. I'm completely open trying different food styles but I'm reluctant for budgetory reasons to try recipes that haven't been recommended. If you have a favorite please feel free to share it, maybe I can make it a regular in my diet too. :)

For example, I've had beef strognoff, orange chicken with rice, chicken strips, french toast, beef ramen with grilled cheese, and a few chewy granola bars this week. I tend to stick with apples, oranges, carrots and celery when it comes to fruits and veggies. I've been trying to eat salads but except for cesear salads I've a hard time stomaching leafy salads, they just aren't something I really enjoy much.