Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Diet for Diabetic after GallStones?

sstump1
sstump1
United States
2007/05/22, 11:04 AM
Hi all...I hadn't been a around a while, but have a complicated question and was hoping Freetrainers diet guru's could help me out.

My Father-in-law just got out of the Hospital after fighting Pancreatitis for just over a week. His Triglycerides were at a wopping 2500, his blood sugar was insanely high (didn't catch the number) and his gall bladder was severely swollen (no gall stones yet but lots of sludge). After the inflamation of his Pancreas subsided and his triglycerides returned to normal (after no food for a week), they removed his Gall Bladder to prevent future Gall Stones from creating another attack, even though his Pancreas is pretty well shot. Now he's a diabetic with no gall bladder. From the diet he described to me it seems like they have him on a low fat diet only, but they're not concerned about the diabetes and he just needs to take medication for that. For some reason that doesn't make sense to me. It seems he should be on a normal fat intake diet (just the majority of EFA's), and a low - no sugar diet?

I have looked around online and can find stuff on 1 or the other, but very little on both. Any suggestions?