Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

diet and weight maintenance

rachsmith82
rachsmith82
United States
2009/02/01, 06:21 PM
Back in September I weighed roughly 128 lbs at 5'4" I went through a 2month program at my gym, working out with a personal trainer twice a week, working out on my own 4-5 times a week, and dieting hardcore. By November I weighed 120lbs and had dropped from a size 6 to a size 2.

After the holiday binge, I've tried to have a balance between eating healthy and occasionally splurging, still working out regularly. So I just weighed myself today and I'm at 131 lbs!!!! Granted, my size 2 jeans are a little tight, but I could have NEVER squeezed into them 5 months ago. And my size 4 jeans are too baggy on me still. So how come I've gained the weight back yet remain the same size? I don't get it :-/

And how can I maintain my 120 weight (once I get back to it) without being hungry most of the time the way I was when I was dieting??
rachsmith82
rachsmith82
United States
2009/02/01, 07:25 PM
oh, and also the frustrating thing...back when I was a size 6 and 130 lbs I literally denied myself NOTHING. I ate whateve I wanted, when I wanted. Sometimes I'd come home from work, buy a half gallon of ice-cream (full fat, everything) and eat 1/3 of the container in one sitting. I'd eat the rest within a week usually. Or I'd come home and eat spoonfuls of chocolate frosting from the container. It just seems weird that I should have to eat so drastically different for a relatively small change, and then once I add a few "normal" foods to my diet I shoot back up to my "unhealthy" weight. I mean, I have to eat minimalist foods to weigh a few pounds less, but if I eat anything and everything I only weigh a few pounds more!?!? Not to mention my boyfriend constantly makes comments about how my boobs went from a 34C to a 34B and makes jokes about breast augmentation, etc. Once when I was dieting and losing weight I woke up to him shoving a cookie in my mouth!!

Sorry for the ranting, it's just SOOO hard to keep at the healthy living thing when all these factors are present!!
Speeder
Speeder
Canada
2009/02/03, 02:04 PM

The weight difference may be explained by muscle Gain. Muscle is more dense than Fat, and therefore you could weight the same, but be inches smaller. Is your primary concern to maintain a body weight of 120lbs, or to keep body fat down?

What is likely, is that you gained some muscle mass, and put on some fat as well. Are you still working out as often as before?? and how many calories a day are you eating? You shouldn't have to deny yourself all foods you like, but eaten in moderation (not 1/3 a tub of icecream) as long as it fits into your Dialy Calorie allowance, you should be able to maintain your weight.

And I don't think anyone would say, that 10lbs at your size, really puts you in an "Unhealthy" weight.