Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Diet and the gall bladder

BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/06/11, 05:18 PM
Ive recently had my gall bladder removed, and was wondering if anyone here has had it removed also and could offer up any insight on how it has affected your diet and health ? or if someone that may just know more than I has some info, i would greatly appreciated it greatly...:dumbbell:

--------------

I find it very, very easy to be true
I find myself alone when each day is through
Yes, Ill admit that Im a fool for you
Because youre mine, I walk the line
buffychick
buffychick
United States
2007/06/13, 10:54 AM
Hi,
I had mine removed 2 years ago. I'm sure for your postop your doc put you on a low-fat diet for the 2-3 weeks of recovery. After that, you can pretty much eat what you want, EXCEPT I would try to stay away from fast/fried food as much as possible, and anything with a high fat content. Your body can't break down fat as well as it used to, and you may experience abdominal cramping and stomach pains. If you do eat fast food, that will just be a reminder that maybe you shouldn't be eating it. :)
Good luck!
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/06/15, 12:35 AM
thanks buffychick :big_smile:

--------------
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer.