Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Despise love handles

slikcat
slikcat
United States
2001/05/01, 10:03 AM
I recently did complete turnaround. I had tone physique, but I was a pathetic 140 lbs. at 5'10. Low body fat, fast metabolism. So I quit smoking, ate more, and started lifting. Was difficult, but 2 years later still doing it. I seemed to have stopped at 170lbs, I'm happy with the weight gain, but I acquired love handles. I can't stand them. I have a decent physique now, with that exception. I have a flat stomach, but the LH's are still visible. Side bends and twists don't seem to be doing the trick. I want to gain more size, so I'm on a heavier diet, but that also means putting on more weight. Any suggestions on hard and effective excersises would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2001/05/02, 09:01 AM
Hey.. for starters, why don't you check go to 'Muscle Targeting'.. then find abs then obliques.

Should have you in the right direction.

.o0 Arnold 0o.
keith
keith
United States
2001/05/03, 12:49 AM
what helped me get rid of mine ( and they were big.) is cardio three time a week before breakfast. Just 20min. will make a differance but you have to change your speed every min. Start out with a moderate speed for a warm up for 2min. Then increase slightly every min. for 3 min. Then drop down to your warm up speed for 1 min. and increase for 1 min untell your reach 5 min. Then drop down again but not down as far as your warm up speed. The last min of this 5 min portion should almost be as fast as you can go. The last 5 min drop down to about half speed , the 2nd min. should be almost as fast as you can go. The 3rd min go as fast as you can. The last 2 min are cool down times. Also for more cardio just before bed for 20 min at a moderate speed.
Uttiya
Uttiya
India
2001/05/18, 12:32 AM
Friend,
do those side bends and twists with weights, and do the twisting crunch on the roman chair bench.
If you r a heavy lifter then your workout will affect your body fat.
And then if nothing works, then you can try fat loss supps.
But be careful in choosing them
colgin
colgin
United States
2003/02/25, 03:04 PM
A lot of us have had love handles all of our life and they are difficult to get rid of (but can be lost eventually). The fact that you did not have them for most of your life puts you in a much better position for losing them. Assuming that you are happy with the bulking up that you have done, you should now go on some kind of weight reduction program. You cannot spot reduce the love handles, but they will eventually disappear again as you lose wright. If you lose the weight slowly (no more than 1-2 pounds per week) and keep up your protein intake (1 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight), you will be able to shed the fat without losing the hard-gained muscle you have put on. Good luck!

--------------
Peter
New York, New York