Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

day by day

shene107
shene107
United States
2004/09/01, 10:46 AM
i am a recoverying binge eater. i attribute the majority of my weight to ovwer sized portions, or simply not know when to stop stuffing my face. i have leared that it is truely a day by day journey. i changed the food in my enviornment, like literally the two drawers at the bottom of the fridge are filled with MY food, my mom and siblings stuff is everywhere else. i bought it with my money so im not letting it go to waste. I am on a diet and i know that if i want to get the results that i want i hae gotta to stay away from the bad stuff. and especially learn to stop eating when i am full. i would eat just because food was there, but now i have to think about it then walk away. its always a battle looking into the fridge or going to the grocery store, but i truely believe i can when the war, just one day at a time!
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2004/09/01, 09:53 PM
Thank you for the inspiration. I am not that good at staying away from the bad stuff but I hope to get better. What type of diet do you follow?
The_Tic
The_Tic
United States
2004/09/01, 10:11 PM
Yes that was very inspirational. I too was the same way (still fighting it). I would see food sitting at the table when it was dinner time and eat. Eat, eat and more eat. All because it was reflex for me to reach out and grab food. I have since then pushed myself for more control, and have lost quite a bit of weight.
Congrats to you for the great start, and thank you for the inspiration!
shene107
shene107
United States
2004/09/02, 10:08 PM
well Dani, i am doing the typical low calorie, high protein diet. because i do want to lose weight but i want to gain muscle because that is what burns fat (high metabolism). i try to go for like 1500 cals a day.