Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Daily Routine - Any suggestions?

MrSharkie
MrSharkie
Australia
2005/04/18, 06:51 PM
Hi Everyone,
Wondering if anyone could give me a hand with a routine I have made up for myself. I have done some reading of this site and have learnt quite a lot... I had always exercised on an empty stomach and I have now learnt that you should eat before exercise. Anyway I haven't been to the gym for a few months and put on a bit of weight since so I am now ready to get back into it.

Here is my plan for the gym when I get back to it this week I would love any comments on it and any suggestions. Thanks.

Currently
Height: 6 foot
Weight: 231 Pounds
Goal weight: 187 Pounds

5:00 am Protein Shake
5:30 am Cardio Warm up
5:45 am Weights
6:30 am Protein Shake Fresh fruit
9:00 am Egg white omlete with oats an berrys
1:00 pm Ham sand which with salad on wholemeal bread
2:00 pm Cardio
3:30 pm Can of Salmon and green leafy vegetables
6:30 pm Wholemeal rice/pasta with mince and vegetables
8:30 pm Protein Shake
9:30 pm Bed

I will follow this 6 days per week with sunday off.

Weights Consist of
Day 1 - Chest – Biceps – Quads - Abs
Day 2 - Back – Triceps - Hamstrings
Day 3 - Shoulders - Calves
THEN REPEAT

How does this sound, do I need to add or take something out, does it sound like a good plan to you or does it suck. Would appreciate everyones comments thanks.
2005/04/20, 06:05 AM
sounds like over training to me...unless you go very light....I mean my legs and back recover for 4-5 days after workouts...my chest is sore for 4 days after most good workouts...I can't imagine how you can train each body part once a week much less twice....

Day1 CBQA
Day2 rest
Day3 rest
day4 BTH
day5 rest
day6 SC
day7 rest....

if you choose to do 3 day split...try to follow my suggestion...abbreviations stand for body parts you chose to work together...

Remember to do squats for legs and deadlifts, stiff legged deadlifts, rows and pull ups for back/hams
MrSharkie
MrSharkie
Australia
2005/04/20, 06:57 AM
Thanks menace3000,
I will follow your plan, looks like whatever you do works. I will just have to learn how to do proper squats and deadlifts.

Also how do you get to the size you are, is the diet that I have chosen correct?, should I add some supplements?

Thanks again for the info