Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

College diet

purplekstock138
purplekstock138
United States
2008/01/12, 12:40 PM
I need help--- I am currently a college student with no access to a real kitchen on a regular basis. I own a microwave, that's about it. I know to try to stay away from anything prepackaged and fast food, but it's getting more and more difficult as I only have a tiny fridge space and a microwave.

Are there any food suggestions that I could look at to help keep my fat intake low that are also possible with my limited resources?
justind123
justind123
Netherlands
2008/01/14, 06:05 AM
Hey purple,
Of course there are plenty of foods to choose from. Believe it or not, my girlfriend and I have only a small fridge between the two of us. No, were, not poor, we just live in Holland where space limited.
Anyway, to food. There are all kinds of things you can eat. First, get a bowl, and have a supply of fresh fruit you can easily snack on. You can have breads, or bagels in the morning for breakfast. Both of those 'won't take up any space in your fridge. Also, you can buy some onions, lettuce, tomatoe, avocado, etc. for making sandwiches on yur new-found bread.
Breakfast and lunch should be a cakewalk for you. Food doesn't need to be heated up.
Dinner could be the only difficult meal. Hmmm... You can make salads with your new-bought veggies. You can do some amazing thigs with tunafish too.
Other advise: throw away the microwave, and buy a small toaster-oven, and gas cookers (you know, the four things on top of the stove). I can't give you any other ideas for the microwave becuase I have never cooked in it. Why would you? ewww...
Good luck, and go get some fresh fruits and vegies!