Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

College and Workout

artsyfartsy_26
artsyfartsy_26
United States
2003/10/27, 09:25 PM
Hi, I just started college, and naturally much of the hard work I did in the summer went down the drain, with the unhealthy lifestyle in college. I have been on Freetrainers a while and I had some questions. I have an OK body, nice shoulders and nice size chest, but I do have a couple of weak spots. I have some fat on my lower chest and on my abs, lower ones especially. I have started running a lot, 3-5 miles two to four times a week. I also lift, though I am not as consistent as I used to be. First, do you have any tips to help me be healthy in college? Also, how long does it take most people to get visible results and if so, what am I doing wrong?
lexballer13
lexballer13
United States
2003/11/01, 03:49 AM
hey I am in college too and have the same problems also. The running you are doing is great, sometimes after running finish it off with 15 minutes on a cycle if you have one available. Eating healthy on the other hand is what I have the most trouble with. If you have your own apartment I don't think it should be too hard since you are buying you own foods. The dorms on the other hand actually suck because many cafes' do not offer foods for people like us. They deep fry fat for us and expect us to be happy. I have found that if you have the option of deli sandwiches then those might be your best bet along with the salad bar and fruits. Don't just eat those though, because an active person like you needs carbs and yes you will burn them off if you stay active. Results wise I have been training pretty hardcore with protein and creatine, and some l-glutamine and have seen major results. I have been doing this for about one year and have about 10 percent body fat and not looking too bad. You just have to stick with it and go to the gym when you don't want too. If you stay on track you can do it. Another good idea for seeing results is to take pictures of what you look like now and then take some when you want to check and see what you look like later. Hope this helped and good luck with it and college.

baller <><