Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Coffee

Spedward
Spedward
United States
2001/04/16, 09:56 PM
what effect does coffee have on you....i used to drink quite a bit of coffee....like 3 cups in the morning and a few in the afternoon, but now i try to not have anymore than 2 cups at the most. i know it is a dyeretic, but as far as water, i drink about a 1 1/2 - 2 gallons a day ( and yes i piss alot) what effets does the ol' java have on the muscles?
skeld2001
skeld2001
United States
2001/04/17, 04:01 AM
I drink coffee. One 20 oz cup in the morning. Always have. Caffine is the diuretic in coffee. You could always drink the high octane am and either decaf or mix decaf with the real deal later in the day. I think as long as you don't over do it and get plenty of water it won't harm you. On the other hand if all you drink is dark beverages sodas coffee ect. you run the risk of kidney damage. Moderation is the key.
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/04/21, 08:44 PM
Caffeine other than being a diuretic inhibits the uptake of vitamins by the body. It raises your blood pressure and increases your heart rate. It only extends your energy level while exercising to approx 15 min longer before running out of gas. Creatine users beware as caffeine may safely be consumed 45 min after creatine ingestion. Caffeine inhibits creatine uptake. Two cups a day is moderation enough. If your energy levels need balancing or you need more daily enrgy then increase your carbs and spread them out better. Withdrawal symptons include headaches, nervousness, bad moods,etc.
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/04/21, 08:44 PM
Caffeine other than being a diuretic inhibits the uptake of vitamins by the body. It raises your blood pressure and increases your heart rate. It only extends your energy level while exercising to approx 15 min longer before running out of gas. Creatine users beware as caffeine may safely be consumed 45 min after creatine ingestion. Caffeine inhibits creatine uptake. Two cups a day is moderation enough. If your energy levels need balancing or you need more daily enrgy then increase your carbs and spread them out better. Withdrawal symptons include headaches, nervousness, bad moods,etc.
Uttiya
Uttiya
India
2001/05/08, 12:42 PM
Well,
regular coffee use and caffaine or tannin does reduce your growth rate......and it b,cos these substances depletes your
bodies stored energy, which you could use in the gym.....also these substances affect your stomack very badly, impairing your digestive system and maybe other systems too.
I suggest you avoid tea or coffee both