Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Cell Mass by BSN...

kwatson30
kwatson30
United States
2005/06/14, 01:43 AM
I just bought BSN's Cell Mass creatine product. I was wondering if this is like GNC's Creatine, and how it somewhat works. Also I was wondering what kind of workouts I should do, so I can become bigger. Also, when should I take this product? Because I've heard that Creatine helps you gain muscle whether you lift or not, and when you stop using creatine is when you become fat, is this true and how should I use it?
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/06/14, 10:00 AM
taking the creatine without working out is going to be pretty much a useless waste of money.. you must combine it with a sound workout and diet for it to be most effective. essentially, it is a cell volumizer, and helps your body retain water. you gain water weight, so the scale will go up, but the size of your muscles will increase as well. your strength will also go up, and you will most likely find yourself pushing out those last few reps as a result.

in terms of taking it, there are a few different ways to do this. i would suggest loading 20 g/day for 4-5 days of creatine mixed with a simple sugar (im assuming this is a powder monohydrate??). the sugar could be grape juice, gatorade, an apple.. anything that stimulates an insulin spike to increase the absorption of the creatine into your cells. take either 2 10g doses 6-8 hours apart, or 4 5g doses spread evenly throughout the day.

after the load, take 5 g/day postworkout. you can do maintenance phase for about 7 weeks, then either cycle off for a few weeks, or reload and continue on your maintenance phase after that.

another way is to just start taking 5g a day and continue with that.. in the long run you will get the same results, but the point of loading is to saturate your body with creatine quickly, and to achieve results faster. i hipe my rant helps you somewhat.. :big_smile:
kwatson30
kwatson30
United States
2005/06/14, 02:01 PM
So is cell mass like GNCs Creatine? And should I just take the Cell Mass before my workout, and I have GNCs 100% whey protein, so should I also take the whey protein after the workout?
Mugie44
Mugie44
United States
2005/06/14, 03:46 PM
CELLMASS contains the radical breakthrough CEM3™ (Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate).

In other words it's not like GNCs Creatine.

You might want to do some research before you buy an expensive product like CELLMASS. Here is some informaiton

I'm pretty sure it says this right on the bottle, but:

RECOMMENDED USE ON TRAINING DAYS: Serving 1: As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop with 4-6 oz. of cold water or any beverage of your choice immediately following your workout (on an empty stomach). Serving 2: As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop with 4-6 oz. of cold water or any beverage of your choice, 6-8 hours before or after your post-workout serving (on an empty stomach).

RECOMMENDED USE ON NON-TRAINING DAYS: Serving 1: As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop with 4-6 oz. of cold water or any beverage of your choice upon waking (on an empty stomach). Serving 2: As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop with 4-6 oz. of cold water or any beverage of your choice, 6-8 hours after your first serving (on an empty stomach).

NOTE: To prevent settling, stir vigorously and drink immediately. To ensure maximum results: wait 20-30 minutes after taking CELLMASS before eating a meal or drinking a shake; it is also suggested to use this product in full within a 30 day period. Do not store in direct sunlight, store in a cool dry place.

Do a google search for BSN's Cell Mass and you can find some more informatrion about it. Good luck.
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/06/14, 08:43 PM
CEE can be taken in smaller doses than regular monohydrate.. like mugie said, follow the directions. i didnt have time this morning to research it, so just gave a speel on monohydrate.

i would take the creatine immediately postworkout, and then 6-8 hours later for the 2nd dose. if you workout in the evening, take it once in the morning and then once postworkout. and yes, take your whey postworkout.