Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

cant stop eating

thefatkid666
thefatkid666
United States
2009/08/15, 08:38 PM
hello can someone give me tips or something i eat all the time and i cant help it
bradleyvoorhees
bradleyvoorhees
United States
2009/08/24, 02:20 PM

You and me both! I know that I shouldn't eat at night right before bed, but I find myself doing one of 2 things:

1) I say to myself "Nope, not gonna do it tonight! Can't keep doin it when I wanna lose the weight!" and then I toss and turn until I eventually eat- cereal, little debbies, bagels, left overs from supper, just whatevers layin' around, and I then rationalize it with: "Well, it's the only way I'll get to sleep. I'll start dieting tomorrow."

2) I simply just eat, and feel guilty about it, and then fall right to sleep. :cool:

So, you and I seem to have a similar issue. If you find the help we need, please let me know! I know it's something like self control, but I can't be for sure
============
Quoting from thefatkid666:

hello can someone give me tips or something i eat all the time and i cant help it
=============

--------------
Bradley Voorhees
URLs:
youtube.com/bradleyvoorheesjams
myspace.com/bradley__voorhees
twitter.com/bradvoorhees
Email:
myspace.com/bradley__voorhees
xnermeenx
xnermeenx
United States
2009/11/17, 11:42 PM
Hey,

I read on the boards here, that this need to eat all the time, is due to malnutrition. You are most probably not eating right.
Meaning, you need to get yourself a food pyramid, hang it up on the fridge and reorganize your fridge and make sure you have the suggested servings of each of the food groups.

Many Vegetarians struggle with this, since they HAVE TO get protein some other way, protein is the key here I believe.
Missiandra
Missiandra
United States
2010/01/01, 09:43 PM
...its true...people often get more tired in the evening..
often a combination of things...when people get bored, they think they are hungry but just have nothing to do

also, you need to make sure you eat the right amounts of food during the right time of day. If you eat a good breakfast and a bigger lunch then you wont feel the need to eat as much in the evening...its not easy and it will be challenging, I KNOW, but i used to have the same problem to, but once you get through it a couple of nights in a row it gets easier and easier!!!..trust me..you can do it!
melonah
melonah
United Kingdom
2010/04/13, 09:12 AM
I have similar issues. I think it's mainly because I crave the taste of things and I'm not satisfied until the craving has been fulfilled - even though I know I'm not hungry. I fancy something sweet, then after that I need something savoury, then because of that something sweet etc etc. Or if I know certain foods are in the house eg. chips I'm constantly thinking about them and won't stop until I've had some. And don't get me started on buffets - iof there is food in front of me I WILL eat it until it is gone, even if I'm so full i feel sick.

I'm still battling with this problem. Best things I've found so far though are to not bvring in the house any foods you know you will obsess over, hence why I make sure there are no chips around when I'm living in my university house. I know this can be harder at home, but there is no harm in saying to your family 'please hide these from me/don't tell me we have them here.'

The second thing is to make sure you're drinking enough water. A lot of the time when the body tells you its hungry it is actually thirsty. If I feel like eatihg at a time I know I shouldn't I drink a glass of water first to test just how 'hungry' I actually am. A lot of the time I find I can wait a bit longer for food or I don't need it at all.

Finally, if you know you just like to graze throughout the day then make your meal portions smaller and healthier and have a few small meals throughout the day. A small snack before bed isn't a problem, as long as it is a small and ideally healthy snack (perhaps try having a hot drink instead?).

This may all be useless, but I hope it helps a bit!