Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

calorie counting and workingout

owwmyhead
owwmyhead
United States
2005/08/19, 11:30 PM
ok so i used to eat under a 1000 calories a day for awhile cause i gained 15 pounds. i was like i just want to lose this. so i would run everyday and not eat much. i started to feel like shit. i lost the weight. so now im back down to 115. my family started getting on me about eating more and i noticed when i started to eat more i lost a few more pounds. but i still feel like keeping my calories down. im just scared of gaining weight. my dad kept telling me your wokring out you need to eat or else my body is gonna hang on to fat thinking its starving. for months now i feel like working out and calorie counting is taking over my life. i think about it all the time. and i have dreams about it. i barely hang out with people cause i gotta work out. i eat now 1500-1700 a day. but i still feel like ohh im gonna gain weight. i really dont know how much i should be eating a day. i burn 400-600 a day on the treadmill. and i do aerobics and yoga occasionly. once a week that is. i just wish i could stop thinking about it but its so hard. i measure food out with measuring cups and always have my calculator with me. its starting to like hurt my head. i dont know what to do. ughhhhhh
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/08/26, 09:17 AM
This one is one of the most asked topics on this site. Rather than repeat it all again, the info I'm pasting is up in the diet forum and posted yesterday by Ravenbeauty I think. Rather than do yourself some long term harm, I'd recommend browsing aroung some more on here and soak up some of the advice readily available.

6. Starving to lose weight.
The usual American diet consists of a quick (usually missed) breakfast, lunch on the run and then a huge feast for dinner. Unfortunately, this is the worst eating plan for weight loss because it slows down the metabolism. When the body is not fed consistently, it flips into starvation mode developed through evolution and hangs onto fat content for survival.

Research supports that the production of thyroid hormones can be negatively affected by repeated bouts of dieting and calorie restriction. Five or six smaller meals spaced evenly from 2.5 to 3 hours make it easier for the body to digest throughout the day and increase metabolism over the long term. It may sound counterintuitive, but in order to burn fat you need to eat. Instead of reducing the amount of meals, care should be taken in controlling portion sizes.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.