Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

buying Protein bars online...

pimple
pimple
United States
2003/10/20, 03:14 PM
Hi...
i've been reading this boards for a few months, and i've realized that most of you consume a lot of your daily proteins through power bars (energy bars). i've also realized that some of you buy them online...

anyhoo, i was wondering how much, on average, a pack of say, 10 bars would cost... i'm asking this because there's a place near my work where i can buy a bar for 25 cents... this bars vary a little bit (nutrition facts-wise), but i can get bars with 24g of protein on a bar, and/or 50ish g of carbs (18g sugar) max, but since they're only 25cents a pop, i don't think that's too bad...

thanks
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/10/20, 03:50 PM
I haven't found any online bargains as good as the ones I find at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club and Osco drugs, plus most places you have to pay shipping and those things aren't light. I check the weekly ads and always find a sale with better prices than online. Even at some grocery stores.

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
pimple
pimple
United States
2003/12/30, 03:51 PM
hi... i'm in utah right now, and i've kind of changed my diet a little... making a long story short, all i'm looking for right now is a high protein bar for post workout... like i said, i can get a 24g protein bar for a quater, and since that place is just 20 minutes from my work, i don't have any extra fees on top of that... also, teh main reason why i posted this back in october, was because i thought that 25 cents was such a good deal that i could probably sell some of those bars online, and not only help some people out (like you do), but also make some profit...

anyhoo, thanks a lot for help!
mzright72
mzright72
United States
2003/12/30, 03:19 PM
Not sure where you are.. or what exactly you are looking for.. but, I have a business that I have set up wholesale accounts through many supplement companies.. I help out all the guys / gals in the gym that compete or just want to be healthy to get their supplements at as close to wholesale as possible.. depending on where you are..I have shipped to friends all over the country.. and still managed to save them a huge chunk of change.. I would be glad to do that for you.. you can email me.. mzright72@hotmail.com
Amanda
k1972pat
k1972pat
United States
2004/02/24, 02:04 AM
I recommend vitaminplanet.com Very cheap and have lots of different suppliments to choose from.
BethyAnn
BethyAnn
United States
2004/02/24, 01:10 AM
www.healthybars.com
www.bodybuilding.com
www.netrition.com --->These sites usually have great deals. Netrition gives the exact nutrition label off of the bar and allows you to buy one bar at a time. Bodybuilding.com just kicks a** and is great for business or just gaining nutritional knowledge. Healhybars.com only allows you to buy the box but their prices are the lowest I have EVER seen...these are cheaper even with shipping included. good luck :) ~BethyAnn~