Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

buying new supps, recommendations please

bigmacbob
bigmacbob
Australia
2006/10/05, 03:15 AM
Hey everyone I was hoping for some advice as to which supplements would be a good purchase. I'm looking at getting a micellar caesin, and possibly a thermogenic. Not looking at any prohormones or similar. Only 21 so theres still lots of the natural stuff in me.

I am a track and field sprinter and I have a clean diet and train twice a day. I'm also a student.

If people could tell me which supplements listed are good (or not good/worth avoiding) that would be greatly appreciated.

These are the supplements I currently use

Protein: I currently take ON 100% Whey as a PWO shake, very pleased with it.

Creatine:
Max's C3 (it's an australian brand, a mix of 1g Creatine monohydrate, 1g creatine ethyl ester, 1g tri-creatine malate, good value for money and is working well)

Multivitamin: MRM multi (cheap, but good)

Workout: A carbo and NO supplement (Max's NitroC3, I live in australia, so aussie brands are easy to get)

This is a list of the supps i'm considering.....

Slow delivery protein:
I have been looking at buying...

ON Micellar matrix
ISS Research Micellar
Cytosport evo pro

and in the Thermogenics:

MAN scorch
Nutrex lipo6
Biotest HOT ROX extreme

I have heard some disturbing information regarding gugglsterones, and I don't think there are any in HOT ROX, so anyone who has tried HOT ROX have they worked for you????

are these supplements worth my time as an athlete, or are they unnecessary? (p.s. I am carying some excess weight after suffering from injury and having a forced spell from major exercise so I am only planning to use thermogenics for a month or two to get back to my ideal weight.)
2006/10/05, 03:47 AM
Fish Oil 6-10g daily
ZMA
B-Complex
bigmacbob
bigmacbob
Australia
2006/10/05, 03:57 AM
Thankyou for your prompt post menace.

I already get zinc, magnesium and vit b6 from my multi vitamin, plus many of the other b's.

Can you please explain to me how the fish oil would be beneficial to me?
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2006/10/05, 10:17 AM
go here bigmacbob for a great page on fish oil http://vvv.com/healthnews/fishoils.html

but in short it benefits helps prevent cancer, helps lower heart disease risks and other heart ailments, helps the brain in ways to complicated for me to post here, its good for children, also helps in pain relief, its basically an essential fatty acid.... hope that helps, but read that post on that web site, very informative....

--------------
By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he\'s wrong.

Charles Wadsworth
bicep
bicep
Canada
2006/10/05, 12:32 PM
Just get ZMA, look up home made recipie by BB1FIT somwhere in the forum, it works and it`s cheap....multi vit is not enough

also make sure to get green tea
2006/10/05, 02:23 PM
make sure you're getting at least 25-30mg of zinc and 400mg of magnesium....

another problem with multis is that there are many vitamins competing for absorption....so if there's calcium in there it worsens absorption of iron and zinc....

fish oil is definitely a wonder supp....wont cure cancer but it will keep you in good shape...also helps spare muscle when dieting...
bigmacbob
bigmacbob
Australia
2006/10/06, 12:05 AM
Thanks bill the website was very informative. I will definitely look into some fish oils.

Menace. Between the three vitamin tablets i take per day I do reach those said amounts, but I can see what you mean about competitive absorption, it makes sense. There is calcium in my multi which is unfortunate. thanks for the heads up

Bicep: green tea. Got it, and will drink it. Cheers

Thankyou to everyone for all of the advice.
I'm still very keen to find out which Micellar is good.

A) ON Caesin

B) Cytosports EVOpro

C) ISS Research Micellar Matrix

any recommendation will help, otherwise I'm just gonna have to go with pot luck.

Thanks
snoopy13
snoopy13
Canada
2006/10/27, 12:30 PM
try products from controlled labs. Green Bulge or Green magnitude are good. Also, purple wraath.