Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

bulk up, gain wait- -not fat

d3stin
d3stin
United States
2003/11/30, 10:10 PM
I'm 18 - 180 lbs - 6'1". i want to gain 200+ and bulk up.
What type of diet should i have and how much cardio should i do?
Is there anything else i can add to my exercise?
d3stin
d3stin
United States
2003/11/30, 10:40 PM
also, what are the healthier beverages to drink?
a) sweet ice tea
b)mountain dew
c) diet coke
d) water
e) gatorade
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/12/01, 03:36 PM
lol, first of all get rid of everything but water lol drink it and drink it more even if ur not thursty , if u want some flavor pore abotu an inch or so of gatorad in the bottom of a galls or bottle and add some water to it.........cokes, tea all that crap is " empty calories" thats means they don't do anything good for ur body really, they will more than likly get stored as body fat, o cassionally is ok though( by that i mean once maybe 2 times a week if u do drink them youhave to count them in ur caloric totals say ur on a 2000 calorie diet. and ur drinking say 6 cokes a day, average coke has about 100 calories for a 8 fluid oz. most cups are 2 times that and cans are 2.5 so thats an easy 1000 calories there if not more( i'm not exact don't hold me to it) but that only leaves you about 1000 calories of fooods that ur body needs! not a whole lot?huh?
when i cut my " empty calories out is when i made very nice gains muscle wise. i used to be about 275 i dieted ( healthly) lost to about 220 gained my senior year i was about 222 at a weight lifting compotition with about 24% body fat, now i'm 246 and 19% big difference

rule of thumb i use ~
if it has crap in it i can't pronounce in it( ingregents) probably not good for u ,
if over half the calories come from fat or carbs not a good food.
eats lots of protein 1g per lb of body weight( eg. 200 lbs=200g easy enough
but if ur wanting to bulk up i'd say eat 1.5g per lb body weight carbs though i dunno.....that depends on ur metabolism and how u feel if ur high carb or medium carb or low card just depends, i'm not an expert though but i have went up and down with my body weight and i know what works for me weither it works for u i dunno , we r all differnt

--------------
---andrew.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!