Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Baby steps good for me

DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2004/09/16, 01:58 PM
I have not binged. I have had a candy bar. ONE candy bar. It was so good, so rich, so...I must stop idolizing the chocolate. ok

I am not eating as well as I should at this point, but after I master the "no binge" thing, I am going to incorporate healthier foods. I do eat healthy most of the time, but pizza seems to find it's way into my dinner at least 2 times a week. But Yea me for only having 1 piece.

This "baby" step is more like a long stride for me. I don't know how long I can go, but I feel upbeat.

It really helps to list how I am doing on these message boards.
bobosensei
bobosensei
United States
2004/09/16, 03:37 PM
dani that is the way to go

no binges means no overeating. slowly you can change the types of food you are eating. don't even think about how long you can go. you aren't depriving yourself of anything except amounts! i truly believe that you can keep that lifestyle up forever, as long as you don't feel guilty about the things that you are eating. just remember that you are doing better because you are eating one and not 10 of what you want. eventually your cravings will be less for those bad things and you'll stop wanting those one time treats all the time.

good job
swimgal85
swimgal85
United States
2004/09/24, 08:25 PM
I've been there, and frequently fall back to there. I can tell you it is possible - just focus on how you feel when you make the healthy decision and pretty soon you will realize that a healthy choice gives you more overall and much longer lasting happiness and joy than an extra candy bar, etc ever will. Rephrase: If you make one right choice, you have avoided making several mistakes. You can do it.

--------------
swimgal

Getting through a horrible day and still feeling like you did your best is the biggest accomplishment. - unknown