Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Are ab exercisers useful?

ferdy1985
ferdy1985
United Kingdom
2004/08/13, 02:19 PM
There is a lot of debate to whether ab exercisers like Abswing and Instant Abs actually works - my doubts are raised personally but does anyone here have any comments on whether they do work or not?? And especially those who have USED them and can vouch either way??

Do people think that situps/crunches/curls are the best way of toning abs or is there other good methods?
davisp
davisp
United States
2004/08/13, 08:00 PM
I've always found the "ab exercisers" to feel odd. I'm sure it works for some people, however my personal opinion is that each of those restricts what you can do for the abs and are a waste of money. Abs are very easily worked using only the free weights at your gym or home. Doing weighted crunches, leg lifts, and many other ab exercises can benefit you just as well if not better without the cost of the equipment.

Good luck with your research! :big_smile:

--------------
Seeking out motivation does not motivate you to seek out results.

- Paul

Post mark - PaulsMark - Post mark
ferdy1985
ferdy1985
United Kingdom
2004/08/13, 08:15 PM
I do agree with you in that different ab exercisers only really train certain parts of your abs (ie upper abs)

What would you suggest to be a good rep set for some who is quite small framed by nature but is still wanting to get tone on their abs - in terms of what sort of exercises and repetitions.

OH and also, how do people combat the problem of boredom during the exercises - particularly with something like situps - do most people just bear with it until it is over?