Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Any suggestions?

Tarek
Tarek
Egypt
2001/01/02, 03:16 PM
I believe that I have the same body symmetery as that of the great Arnold Schwarzenegger. But, my problem is that my metabolism is very slow that i would gain fat faster than the speed of light. I've tried to increase it by eating more than 7 healthy snacks a day, with a total of no more than 900 calories. I've introduced a daily cardiovascular routine in my program, aside from weight training for 5-6 times a week. But, nothing worked. I read loads of books on nutrition and downloaded many other sites off the web, and that still did nothing.
Does anybody have any suggestion?
xavier
xavier
United States
2001/01/02, 05:54 PM
take hydroxycutt and why dont u try eating like 4 times instead of 7
Ruffsapp99
Ruffsapp99
United States
2001/01/04, 07:24 PM
Protein...that would work REAL good for a person like you. Eat fish, chicken, nuts, protein bars, and protein shakes, all diff sorts of protein. It is supposed to increase your metabolism, and help build new muscle. Hope I helped...let me know.
CANCKS
CANCKS
United States
2001/01/06, 05:18 PM
Tarek:

There a lot of rutines out there that can work, but nothing talks better than experience, i have gained about 10 lbs in 6 months without doing any training but for my physique, before i started to workout i was a toothpick, so when i decided to lose that fat and start to workout againi had to diet and exercise really hard, but i got it off, my diet was very simple, at morning fruit salad with cottage cheese, and 5 more meals with a minimum of 45 grams of protein, after the salad there was normal morning meal (eggs) then a protein shake, another normal meal, meal replacement, post workout fat burner, workout, and the last meal was a protein shake after workout , veggy salad or tuna without bread.

and you gotta do at least 1 hour cardio my friend, but doing intensly if you put some real good effort you will see results fast, you can cheat on sundays, but the rest of the week work hard, eat right and no more big macs for u, it's not easy getting a good physique but once u get it you never regret it...
bore
bore
United States
2001/01/07, 02:27 AM
Is 900 your total daily? If it is your starving your body. And its storing fat out of fear. Try adjusting calories daily (ie one day 2000 next day 1200 next day 4000) to keep your body confused.
And weight training 5-6 times a week is over training. Never lift weights more than 5x, try to keep it around 4-5. Keeping the reps around 12-20. Then on top of that do cardio first thing in the morning before breakfast, and again after your weight training.
Make sure to get a good 8hrs of sleep to help your body recover from all of it.
Let me know how it goes.

Rob
Dvdgstwrt
Dvdgstwrt
United States
2001/01/10, 12:06 AM
One, check out and read this book from your local library “Bodystat” by Eric Witt, Ph.D. and Carol Wirth. Published by Penguin Books
It worked for me, I lost 50 lbs of fat, I am able to eat more than I have ever done before. Cheers
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/01/10, 09:54 AM
cardio is actually the trick... some trainers diagree upon wether bodybuilders can weight train and do cardio activity at the same time..but I think keeping things steady... as in 3 cardio sessions a week is the ideal way to go...
remember to keep the fat and all those processed junk food to the minimum....

keep up the good work