Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

alternative exercises

ace-dragoon
ace-dragoon
United States
2002/08/11, 08:40 PM
Dear family, I know we have information of alternative exercises on this site. The problem is a few exercises such as T-bar row. I work out at home on a gym I have here so I am somewhat limited. Bent over rows are no problem but I don't have the means to do the T-bar. I don't want to do just the one exercise for the "wings" so besides the Bent over row, barbell and dumbell, what might I be able to do. I run into the same problem with abs. I can't do any "hanging" exercises so I have been sticking with what is available, are there any others I am not aware of? Thanks everyone.
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/08/11, 11:31 PM
Hanging leg raises are tuff but I think they are great.. you can't hang off ANYTHING there is?.. I used to hang off this lip near some stairs in my house to do these... you could use a tree branch outside maybe if its nice out.. but if you totally can't do them there are plenty of other exercises for the lower ab section.. leg lifts.. seated leg tucks.. a knee to chest movement (where you just lay down and pull your legs over until your knees are on your chest)... and cable crunches (I like these too)... if you can do barbell rows I don't see how you can't do t-bar rows... unless your using a cable to simulate the barbell rows.. in that case you could try some other odd exercises such as face pulls that I saw on some workout at abcbodybuilding.com ... although I have never tried those and not sure how effective they are.. you could check out the list of alternatives at abcbodybuilding.com but I would recommend you stay with the normal bunch that ft has put together for you as those are what has worked for many people here most of the time... maybe you could give us a little more info on the home gym you use so others can come up with some exercise alternatives that would be possible with whatever it is you are using...
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2002/08/12, 01:08 PM
Do you have any open rafters in your home/garage? they work great for a chin up bar. You can even lay a long dumb bell bar across them. Hey, you can even do rows by hooking your feet up on the rafters too. Be creative, I do chair dips at home alot, front and back angles. Also you can do dips in the corner of a kitchen countertop. I used to do curls by lifting the end of the couch-have someone sit in it at different positions for extra weight.

============
Quoting from ace-dragoon:

Dear family, I know we have information of alternative exercises on this site. The problem is a few exercises such as T-bar row. I work out at home on a gym I have here so I am somewhat limited. Bent over rows are no problem but I don't have the means to do the T-bar. I don't want to do just the one exercise for the "wings" so besides the Bent over row, barbell and dumbell, what might I be able to do. I run into the same problem with abs. I can't do any "hanging" exercises so I have been sticking with what is available, are there any others I am not aware of? Thanks everyone.
=============