Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Advanteges

goodguy
goodguy
Canada
2002/09/04, 08:07 PM
Is there any advantage in lifting if i play basketball?One fella in the gym said(he been attending gym for 3 years)that,if i play basketball for me will be hard to get built strong chest,but easy to get nice relief arms.Now i go to gym for 2 years but still dont see any changes.Most part of my arms is meat,and muscules aint someone can see.My chest a bit changed.
So i just want this clear..is there any advantage playing ball.

----------------------------
~Dont judge and u will not be judged~
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/09/05, 10:22 AM
I would think that for basketball most of the emphasis would be on your legs not uper body I would'nt think you would see much difference other than flexability improvement in your uper body. As far as will lifting help your game might not make a big difference but sure wont hurt it. If you work your legs that will help, practice balance and swift moving exercises two.

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
the_w8lifter
the_w8lifter
United States
2002/09/06, 05:40 PM
Weight lifting can do nothing but improve your game. It increases your bodies ability to use oxygen (stamina), makes your shot easier, and increases your size. Have you seen a professional or college game lately? Those guys are physical and very strong. If you hope to compete, you need every advantage you can get. Lifting gives you that. Basketball will not build huge muscles, you have to do that by moving iron. However, moving iron will improve you basketball game!
goodguy
goodguy
Canada
2002/09/08, 11:18 AM
oh thats good tips.thanx