Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Acne!...Anyone try proactiv? Work?

goldengloves
goldengloves
United States
2004/04/27, 09:28 PM
Anyone know of any solutions to get rid of this? I've read them all and tried them all! Nothing has worked....Also I have a question anyone try proactiv? Does it actually work as well as they say they do? I dont want to fall into the gimmick of paying 40-50 bucks for something that isnt going to work.....Anyone!
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/04/28, 03:13 PM
Proactive does work. When I was a senior in high school, my "porcelin" skin turned into a pizza. My mom bought me proactiv, and right away I noticed a difference. Within a week of using it, the redness was gone, the zits were smaller, and the overall texture of my skin was smoother. As a bonus, the products don't sting, they smell nice, and it feels good when you are putting them on your skin. Kinda has a cooling effect. Hoep this helps!!
skeys
skeys
United States
2004/04/28, 05:27 PM
Proactiv did not work for me and neither did anyhting the dermatologist gave me, i would not let him put me on acutane. I finally found something that works. See if anyone in your area does Microderm Abrasion Treatments. It is expensive mine is $75.00 per treatment and she wanted to do 3 treantments during the first month. Then I go back about every 11 weeks. It is finally almost all gone. Everyones skin is different, so i say keep trying.
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2004/04/29, 09:02 AM
I used proactive for about a year and did get improvements, though it was very drying and I didn't like having to be in the club to get the products.

Now I'm using glymed products and I like them much better but they are dreadful expensive. I bought mine on Ebay so I saved a ton of money because I was buying peoples overstock.

Dfly recommends bioelements, you might ask her for more information since this is what she does for a living.

--------------
Anni

Have you hugged your EFAs today?
goldengloves
goldengloves
United States
2004/04/29, 02:48 PM
Thanks everyone for their replies....I did some research and tried this thing called "cetaphil" without water and I woke up this morning....Guess what? My face wasnt as red as usually is and my face is visually clearer...I was skeptical and didnt want to spend 10 bucks on it but wow it worked....Just applied it before I went to bed and when I woke up and wiped it off and boom....This stuff is nice....I recommend anyone give it a try.
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2004/04/29, 03:22 PM
Proactive is a good product, but I don't think it is worth 50 bucks(that's why I stopped using it) Neutagena?(spelling) makes a good daily facial cleanser with microbeads, awesome stuff and it doesn't cost a butt load of money.
garvani
garvani
New Zealand
2004/05/01, 03:44 AM
dont want to bump this but oh well... i was on acutane for over a year, that is a great product if u have bad acne.. sure it has its side affects but they were minimal for me (dry lips and dry eyes). The only thing is, a year after i finished the course the acne came back... no where near as bad as it was though...
thank god all thats over now..
j20a00g
j20a00g
United States
2004/05/09, 12:24 PM
same here garvani....i didn't have the dry eyes but the dry lips were pretty bad. however, it was much better than the bad acne. i had tried everything else and it was acutane that did the trick. it was my last resort.... for those of you that are considering or jsut starting acutane, go out and buy LOTS of lip balm! but once again, it was well worth it.
jask
jask
Canada
2004/05/11, 03:25 PM
i've heard proactive sucks
if you have not too bad acne try spectrogel (from the drug store). it's awesome!

i only get zits sometimes and it really helps get rid of them. and evens out the skin tone too.
lexballer13
lexballer13
United States
2004/05/13, 01:00 AM
Okay lets not get too hasty in saying Proactive sucks or that is even $50. When I bought it it was only $30 you guys must have got gipped. Whether we like to believe it or not our diets do affect our skin tone and our unfortunate breakouts. I do agree that Proactive may not be for everyone because Benzoyl Peroxide may irritate some very very sensitive skins. Proactive is worth a try if the Cetaphil does not work. Cetaphil tends to be for the sensitive skins, but I find it weird that nothing else works for ya. Neutrogena is what I went to know and it is much much cheaper and does work, but I have also changed my diet. I don't mean to start an argument just chattin with all ya.
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2004/05/13, 08:03 AM
Lex brings up a really good point. Diet has a pretty profound effect on skin just like it does everything else. Good skin care starts on the inside, but a good skin care product for the outside can be a must-have item.

I have adult acne and let me tell you, it sucks to be in your 40's and still get breakouts. However, I have not had a single breakout since I started making my food choices from the bodybuilder grocery list and using good skin care products and that's been six months.

Good point Lex, thanks for bringing it up.

--------------
Anni

Hard work must have killed somebody
Pacman510
Pacman510
United States
2006/03/28, 03:50 PM
haha this is funny. My acne on my chest, back, and face isn't as bad as it used to be but I'm on accutane again for the second time. I don't know if it was smoking, or whatever "recreational" things I tried when I was younger, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Accutane is the strongest acne medication, but you need tons of lotion and lip balm. Also it has side effects of depression and a WHOLE BUNCH of other things, but I'm holding up.

Anyone have any suggestions for making scars dissapear?
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2006/03/28, 06:11 PM
Another few tips...

keep your hands off your face....skin oils get in to pore from skin off hand.

change pillow cases once a week....face is oily, soaks into pillow...gets back on your face.Some with bed shits to if you get them on your back

wash your face before bed, and when getting up.

I find getting a lil bit of sun...helps my skin too.

--------------

Get your bicep curling, cut off shirt, matching workout outfit wearing,flexing in mirror "toned" wanna-be ass , out of my squat rack!

People don't reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2006/05/31, 12:06 AM
A product that works for one person doesnt always work for another person. It is best to experiement with a variety of different cleansers to see what work best for your skin type.
Remember that acne may be caused by genetics, in that case, the face cleansers you use may not even help the problem. Allergies may also be the cause of acne and breakouts, which means diet may play a factor. I notice that if I drink lots of water, my skin is much clearer. Water washes out the toxins in your body, which can help clear your face.
Cleansers are not always the best solution to clear ance. A lot of these products are just a marketing scam, there is no need to spend a fortune on different products...
AaronWiggles
AaronWiggles
United States
2006/06/08, 12:48 PM
Proactive worked for one of my friends and the other it didnt work, so i guess its your body type that it depends on

--------------
-Aaron
swordtrainer
swordtrainer
United States
2006/10/08, 08:44 AM
I used a drug calle accutain(not sure about the spelling) its just toxic doses of vitamen a. It worked wonders! but very expensive. It cost my mom $800 a month after insurence(dam I cant spell)