Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Accountability

cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/09/23, 09:57 PM
I don’t know if anyone else needs accountability but I do. I am going to post each night before I go to bed as to how I did with sticking to my food plan. I eat six small meals each day. And I do really well during the weekdays but some nights and weekends are challenging for me.

I have been working really hard to keep off 190 pounds that took 19 months lose. I am currently 200 pounds and I should be 175 (a size 8) my height is 5’10” and I have been strength training for 1.5 years. I have a great strength training routine and I do HIIT that I stick to religiously but over the summer I deviated from my food plan and I am ready to stop.

I have not eaten flour or sugar for thee years now. But too much of a good thing can cause weight gain as well. I am completely committed to checking in daily and to being truthful.

As for today I have stuck to my food plan and now I am going to get in the bed.

Cass

--------------
\"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything. But still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something I can do\"
Edward Everett Hale
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/09/23, 10:34 PM
cassborn - that's something to be proud of and it sounds like you have a handle on it. Keep it going and you'll get help when needed.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/09/24, 08:14 PM
Day 2

I had a good day today. I had a great arm & abs workout:dumbbell:. I stuck to my food plan. I really feel like I am getting back on track.
:)

--------------
\"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything. But still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something I can do\"
Edward Everett Hale
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/09/26, 09:12 PM
Day 4
My weekend went okay however; there are a few indiscretions that I need to come clean with. Saturday after I posed my good report I ate a serving of Uncle Sam cereal with skim milk. That was not the worst thing in the world that I could have eaten but it was not on my food plan.

Sunday I stuck to my food plan all day but at night I had some peanuts and raisins. I am clearly having a problem with eating at night. I have made a decision to not eat carbs after dinner. I will only have a serving of protein before bedtime. I have to mange my night munchies it’s one of all time worst old eating habits rearing it’s ugly head again.

I am going through a really emotional time in my life right now and I must do better with managing my emotions. In the past I relied on journaling to get me through the rough patches. I need to get back to journaling out my feelings so that I don’t have to eat to stuff the discomfort.

I did an awesome leg routine today and I feel great. I know that I will get back on track with my eating. I have got to keep working at this. I can’t let myself get back to where I came from compulsive/emotional eating. I am now drinking my shake and going to bed.

Goodnight.

Cass

--------------
Edward Everett Hale
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/09/27, 09:49 PM
Day 5
I had a really busy day today but I stuck to my food plan. I had a great workout at home because I was unable to get to the gym. I am feeling good overall.

Cass
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/09/27, 10:11 PM
if you're having a problem at night and you like cottage cheese (no fat), it might make it easier. It will also help with the weight loss. There's been several generations of weight loss "experts" that say never eat before bedtime but they're wrong.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/09/28, 06:10 PM
Mike,
I have been having trouble at night. Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it.

Cass
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/09/28, 08:55 PM
I finally mustered up the courage to step on the scale today and I weighed 201.4. I was surprised because I thought that I was doing very well with sticking to my food plan. I am not discouraged just sobered at how quickly the weight comes back on. I am determined more than ever to work the kinks out of this thing.

I did HIIT on the stair master :angry:and abs I felt good. My official weigh-in day is Monday so I will see if there is any change by then. Giving up is not an option; I will get back to where I should be. This accountability is really helping my stay focused.

Cass
rmatt
rmatt
United States
2005/09/29, 12:01 PM
I Think your wonderful and you have so much courage to do your journal everyday for everyone to see!:big_smile: We all have to find exactly what it is that helps us stick to it and just do it!! Keep your spirts high!!:love:
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/09/29, 02:22 PM
rmatt,
Thank you for the encouragement. It is challenging to be honest and open for all to see but I am willing to do what ever it takes to get me back to my fighting weight.

Knowing that I have to give an account each night makes me think twice about any deviations from my food plan.

Cass

--------------
Edward Everett Hale
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/09/29, 08:30 PM
Day 7

I had a great day today I stuck to my food plan and I had a great back workout. I feel really good. I am feeling more hopeful that I will get the weight off. My life is so much more than what the scale says but when I don’t do the right things for my body I feel bad:(

I am in the middle of changing careers and it is a combination of exciting and terrifying at the same time. If switching careers wasn’t enough stress; my family and me are moving from New Hampshire to Georgia at the end of October. We have friends and family there but it is a big move for us. I am concerned about my children and how they will adjust. My son is 8 and my daughter is 5. My son is one year away from becoming a black belt in Ta Kwon Do and I don’t know how well he will do in a new school.

All of the changes that are going on in my life are causing me to revert back to my old habits of emotional eating and this accountability is really helping me stay focused on my goals and stick to the plan.

Cass

--------------
Edward Everett Hale
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/09/30, 07:35 PM
Day 8
I had a really productive day today. I am feeling really good. I stuck to my food plan and I had a great chest workout + HIIT on the Stairmaster. I made so much progress with preparing for the move and for my career change. I really feel like I am back in a good place emotionally.

I didn’t know how getting out of my regular routine over the summer effected me until now that I am back on track. I have learned a valuable lesson and I don’t ever want to get too far off track again.

I have helped many other people lose weight and I was starting to gain weight. The pressure to stay fit and trim overwhelmed me. I don’t regret trying to help so many people but I won’t allow myself to go without my own needs being met again. I believe in service and helping people but I must take care of myself first. The stronger I am the more I can help people.

I am a little nervous about the weekend:(. I have been having trouble sticking to my plan especially on Saturday night. I am determined to behave myself and find constructive things to do to keep myself busy.

Cass
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/10/01, 07:17 PM
Day 9
I had a really busy day today; appointments back to back. It’s not very often that I miss going to the gym but I did today. I may be able to workout tomorrow and let today be my rest day. Not only was my day busy it was emotional. Saying good-bye to some of my clients was very difficult. I have had some of my clients for 13 years. Switching careers is exciting and scary all at the same time.

I was able to buy a new pair of running shoes in between appointments. I have wanted to add running to my cardio routine but I didn’t have any shoes. I packed all of my food today and stuck to my food plan. I have been working on a recipe for homemade protein bars and I had one for my snack today and it was very good.

Cass

--------------
Edward Everett Hale
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/10/03, 09:51 PM
Day 10

I had a great day today. I went for a run to break in my running shoes-no fancy stuff (HIIT) just a steady jog to get used to it again. I stuck to my food plan and I had a productive day. it's past my bedtime; :(goodnight.

Cass
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/10/05, 05:52 AM
Day 11
I went to bed last night and forgot to post. I had a really busy day yesterday I missed my shoulder workout but I did go running. I did a 20-minute run while my children played in the park (ran laps around the playground). I stick to my food plan but I fell victim to some poor time management. I am usually very on top of my schedule but the last couple of weeks I have been very scatter brained.

I am battling anxiety about moving and leaving all of my friends, family and the business that I have built for the last 10 years. I didn't make a big deal over not making it to the gym but I don't want to get in the habit of missing my workout sessions. Overall I had a good day.

Cass
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2005/10/05, 04:37 PM
Terrific job cass...keep up the great work.

Also one thing I found was that when I adopted it as a lifestyle change and not just something I decided to do while, I woke up one day and I was different, I felt and looked different. On that same note I realized that it's a way of life for me...if I can't make it to the gym one day then it's a "rest day'...it's not the end of my routine I would just make it up tomorrow and continue with my schedule. Which for me was a determining factor that I was heading in the right direction.

Proud of ya! Keep it up.
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/10/05, 09:18 PM
Day 12

sstump1, thanks for the encouragement. I agree with you that this way of life is very accommodating.

I had another busy day today and I was tempted to put off my workout but I did it anyway. I am so glad that I did, I feel great. I took my husband out for his birthday tonight with our two children. I did pretty good I ate a little more fat than I would eat at home but overall I had a good day and stuck to my food plan.

Cass

--------------
Edward Everett Hale
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/10/09, 04:28 PM
Day 16

It’s been a few days since I checked in. I have had a busy few days. We are moving in 19 days. I have done well with sticking to my workout routine and my food plan. My running was good this week. I ran three days this week I am ready to do some short speed intervals to turn up the intensity a little bit.

Cass
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/10/10, 08:53 PM
Day 17

I had a really good day today. I stuck to my food plan and I had an improvised workout. The countdown to moving day has begun. Every now and again I have a panic attack but overall I am doing well.

Cass
cassborn
cassborn
United States
2005/10/11, 10:04 PM
Day 18

I had a really good day today. I was very busy but I managed to plan ahead and pack my food for the day. I worked out HIIT on the treadmill and shoulders. I am feeling really good; like I have really made a connection with my goal of trimming down a bit.

My emotions have been running high with saying my good byes to all of my clients. Some of my clients I have worked for over 15 years. It is so much more emotional than I ever anticipated.

Cass

--------------
"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything. But still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something I can do"
Edward Everett Hale