Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

A quick inquiry

Marx-22
Marx-22
Canada
2003/01/24, 09:37 PM
Hey. I have a question. What is acceptable for topics here? Can we discuss topics other then workouts and exercise? I wouldn't want to post and hove my post deleted not knowing how far I can veer off the topic of exercise.

I also have another question. I am in college so you can tell I have loads of school work. I train 3 days a week and I have to be honest .. with my school schedule this semester I am finding it hard to stay at the gym long enough to finish my designed workout due to loads of school work. Any suggestions on how I can make up on my exercises if I have to skip a few parts of my workout?

Mark

----------------------------
He Who controls the past,
commands the future.
He who commands the future,
conquers the past.
- Kane
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2003/01/25, 03:08 PM
Topics about sex are usually deleted. You can talk about just about anything else though: cars, sports, family, relationships, etc.
Is it possible for you to train more than three times a week? Then you can work all your bodyparts using just 30 minutes out of your day or so.
houseofdiet
houseofdiet
United States
2003/01/25, 05:15 PM
i agree with lumina. 30 minutes a day would be really good. I know from experience how stressfull school can be. In fact when I was in college, I was getting really burnt out and someone told me that part of the reason was that I was not giving my mind a chance to rest. One of the best ways to give your mind a rest is by taking time out to excersise. When I tried it, I found that I had more energy and was able to get more things done and done to a higher standard.
Hope this helps... what ever you decide, don't give it up all together. :)
mackfactor
mackfactor
United States
2003/01/27, 11:25 AM
Missing one workout won't kill you. If you happen to miss a muscle group one week - just move on. However, make sure you're not missing the same muscle group consistently. If you notice that happening, you should change your schedule to make it more flexible.

--------------
"Don't follow leaders and watch your parking meters!"
-- Bob Dylan
Marx-22
Marx-22
Canada
2003/01/28, 09:49 PM
I like the idea lumina20, but my problem is the only gym I can afford to go to is the YMCA. Now I live on the far west side of the city I am living in and the gym is like a 20 minute drive from my house with all the lights and traffic. So even though the idea is great .. I'd be using up an hour a day if not more for the gym. I don't really have that time to spare.

I have 8 courses this semester and they include Criminal and Civil Law, Ethical Reasoning, Criminology, 1rst Nations Peoples, Fitness and Lifestyle Management, Communications, Social Problems, and Interpersonal and Group Dynamics.... And I been swamped with work. Litterally no time to even stop and smell the roses. i am lucky I can find time to go to the gym the three days a week.

I will keep it in mind as I can work out 5 days a week in the summer .. but that all really depends on how I can handle my job... I'll be working as a maintenance helper mowing a convents yards .. I'll defninetly see if working out 5 days a week will work for me then.

Mark

--------------
commands the future.
conquers the past.
- Kane
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2003/01/28, 10:09 PM
Why are you taking sooo many classes??? Well, if your weekends are free, you could do an upper/lower routine on those days...just a suggestion.
Marx-22
Marx-22
Canada
2003/01/29, 06:42 PM
============
Quoting from lumina20:

Why are you taking sooo many classes??? Well, if your weekends are free, you could do an upper/lower routine on those days...just a suggestion.

=============

Welll .. I am enrolled in the Correctional Worker Program at St. Lawrence College. Its a 2 year program with set semesters. Meaning they tell me this is what I need to take this semester and this is what I need to take the next. It just works out that they require us in this program to take 8 courses in the second semester. Thank God its the only semester thats so busy. Next year we will have 6 courses each semester which is so much better then this semester.

The upper/lower routine sound s good, but School work litterally takes up 6 days of my week. I know I am probably one of the only College students you'll hear about that actually doesn't have a night life LoL. I usually don't have time on the weekends for 2 trips to the gym.

Yeah i know .. .aren't I good at coming up with excuses .. one of my weaknesses I will admit.

Mark

--------------
commands the future.
conquers the past.
- Kane
houseofdiet
houseofdiet
United States
2003/01/29, 08:25 PM
Are you kidding?! I didn't know what a night life was until I graduated...
I had another idea that might save you some time also... would it be possible for you to change or modify some of your exercises so that you could do them at home? Then so the ones you can't on a gym day? Talk to some of the more experienced people on how to blance out what muscle group on what day and how to modify your work outs. Just an I idea
Marx-22
Marx-22
Canada
2003/01/31, 10:25 PM
All wonderful ideas .. Thanx... I'll try looking into them. No guarentees .. as I am finding out that in a matter of weeks I'm going to have a week were all 8 classes I have are gonna have their tests on the same week. .. so Hopefully I can manage it...

Mark

--------------
commands the future.
conquers the past.
- Kane
houseofdiet
houseofdiet
United States
2003/02/01, 12:00 PM
school can be really tough. but best wishes to you. finals and tests and al are a killer week I know from experience. know that there are many of us who have gone through it and survived. =) I know that you will be able to do this... it sounds like what you really want in life.
Marx-22
Marx-22
Canada
2003/02/02, 03:55 PM
Well I have started it .. on possible the worst 2 weeks of the semester but i have edited my excersise program to going to the gym 4 days of the week .. It'll be tough, but Hopefully my longest day at the gym will change from thursdays to fridays .. I'd like that .. but till then i am happy with what the freetrainers site has given me this time. Hopefully I'll remember to take my excersise sheet with me each day so I don't forget what excersise I am supposed to do. and yes lots of spelling errors.. they need to get a spell checker in here .. LoL

Mark

--------------
commands the future.
conquers the past.
- Kane
mackfactor
mackfactor
United States
2003/02/04, 12:45 PM
A full body ciruit routine twice a week might do well for you as well. Make sure you stick to compound lifts (squats, deadlifts, bench presses, chin ups or pulldowns) and the like. Get those in, perhaps heavy sets of 8 and you should do fine. You could probably run through the circuit (or better yet, throw in 30 seconds rest to catch your breath) in about 30 minutes. I'd say, take those four above mentioned exercises, add in an ab movement and one other in a are you'd like to prioritize - use a 301 tempo. You could go through the routine (with resting periods) 4 times in 30 minutes. That should at least hold you over until you have more time in your schedule.

--------------
"Don't follow leaders and watch your parking meters!"
-- Bob Dylan
Marx-22
Marx-22
Canada
2003/02/04, 02:12 PM
Well Since I updated the freetrainers.com profile and made it 4 days of training I have most the excersises mentioned here .. its in the testing stage .. so far I seem to be able to do it without jeapordizing my grades, if this keeps up I'll make the 4 days training my regular routine.

Mark

--------------
commands the future.
conquers the past.
- Kane