Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

90 days

ErokDragun
ErokDragun
United States
2012/06/24, 09:26 PM
Hello, my name is Erik.  It looks like this group is designed for new people to start a new thread to intro themselve3s, and while I find that odd from my experiences on other forums....when in Rome, eh?

Tomrrow will be 90 days until my 36th birthday and I have decided that those 90 days will be the ones I use to finally get my ass into some semblance of a healthy shape. I have tried several time sbeofre to work out consistantly and it never sticks, but thanx to a few other changes in my life recently, I am going ot make this one count.

I am 6'3" and about 220lbs.  I have been somewhere between 210 and 220 since I was 18, and weight isnt my concern....I want to look better, and have more energy. I have already set myself up with a beginners training regiment form this site, and it looks easy enough, especially now that I found the exercise edit button.

I will be going to a gym to exercise, and it is between my house and my daughters day care, so I will be dropping her off and then heading there.  I do have a few questions maybe some of y'all can help me with, either by answering or linking me to a group/forum/thread where I can find the answer.

1. I want to start doing some kind of protein shake replacement for breakfast...what kinds are recommended?
2. I need to find the right weight to work with....the way I recall it in the past is to find the weight that makes the last couple of reps hard. Is that still accurate.
3. The ab crunches and such in my workout say 10 reps...that seems to be too few to me...is it?

I look forward to meeting some of you and learning all I can.

Thanx
jeandon
jeandon
United States
2012/06/24, 10:17 PM
Hey Eric,
Hello, my name is Erik. It looks like this group is designed for new people to start a new thread to intro themselve3s, and while I find that odd from my experiences on other forums....when in Rome, eh?

Tomrrow will be 90 days until my 36th birthday and I have decided that those 90 days will be the ones I use to finally get my ass into some semblance of a healthy shape. I have tried several time sbeofre to work out consistantly and it never sticks, but thanx to a few other changes in my life recently, I am going ot make this one count.

I am 6'3" and about 220lbs. I have been somewhere between 210 and 220 since I was 18, and weight isnt my concern....I want to look better, and have more energy. I have already set myself up with a beginners training regiment form this site, and it looks easy enough, especially now that I found the exercise edit button.

I will be going to a gym to exercise, and it is between my house and my daughters day care, so I will be dropping her off and then heading there. I do have a few questions maybe some of y'all can help me with, either by answering or linking me to a group/forum/thread where I can find the answer.

1. I want to start doing some kind of protein shake replacement for breakfast...what kinds are recommended?
2. I need to find the right weight to work with....the way I recall it in the past is to find the weight that makes the last couple of reps hard. Is that still accurate.
3. The ab crunches and such in my workout say 10 reps...that seems to be too few to me...is it?

I look forward to meeting some of you and learning all I can.

Thanx

---