Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

16 years old.. 10 inch biceps?

chowman456
chowman456
United States
2010/01/02, 01:39 AM
i'm a skinny 16 year old kid with just 10 inch biceps flexed :surprised:.. i'm 5'7 and i weigh 120 lbs, but i'm still pretty strong. i can do up to 17-18 pullups with good form and i can bench 140 as my max. my forearms look just as big as my upper arm unflexed, but my forearms are pretty strong and have many veins on both hands. i want to find some good exercises that can help me gain arm strength and muscle. when i was 15 i weighed about 105, and now i've been taking my diet a bit more seriously and am eating a lot more but in a healthy way. right now i don't work out with weights because my parents want me to wait til i'm 18 (i'm like wtf?) so i do some pullups and chinups (on my shower rod :() and pushups and some crunches. my chest feels pretty good and i have a defined 6pack especially becasue i play soccer and tennis and need to run. some good bodyweight exercises with some variations would be good, but i'm not sure how much time to rest in between sets, whether i should try to go to failure or whether i should try to do it in circuits. help is appreciated, thanks
swingle33
swingle33
United States
2010/02/11, 08:18 AM
10 inch bicepts at 16 years old is not bad.I am 23 and I have 14 inches flexed but I also have a max two hand cable curl of 114lb. I have been working out with weights sent your age. If you wanted to you could talk to your doctor about weight lifting and if it is safe at your age. they are most likly going to say it's fine, high schoolers are always lifting for sports. You seem to be on a great start. look in to a program here. I just finshed my first 8 week program of progressive traing at intermediate and I lose 3% body fat and have seen a great change in my body. I am about to start a 8 week advance progressive program. If you get cleared by your doctor and your partents let you, start a intermediat progressive program. let us know what happens.
hbomb0105
hbomb0105
United States
2010/02/11, 08:45 AM
I was the one who responded. It showed up as my friends screen name who was on my computer at the same time. Best of luck to you.