Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

16 year old abs/pecs- Yeah, i know...

coasterdude_1
coasterdude_1
United Kingdom
2004/02/23, 05:18 PM
Just messaging to ask how i would go about getting good abs and pecs... besically a defined chest area and of course quite quickly without doing harm. Could anyone tell me any exercises- not weights- or a whole daily programme of exercises to do to achieve this. Thanks
James x
JustinE22
JustinE22
United States
2004/02/24, 11:00 AM
I would mix up chest exercises like flat bench, incline, decline, high reps light weights with 4 sets each. Dumbell flyes will help more with definition again high reps low weight. Incline flyes and decline flyes will work. But you won't see that much definition unless you have some mass to work with. The wider the grip the more emphasis on the outter chest , a closer grip will work the inside of your chest but don't go to far in because you will put more of the load on your triceps instead of your chest. hope this helps a little
Logger
Logger
United States
2004/02/24, 04:51 PM
don't start with 4 sets and so many exercises. just start with one or two exercises with 3 sets from 8 to 10 reps. try chest flyes and bench pressing with a 12" gap between hands when you grip the bar to start out your first programs.

--------------
free your mind -Logger
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/02/24, 06:01 PM
don't have to post more than once man
TOGA62
TOGA62
United States
2004/02/24, 09:19 PM
well I don't want to make a new topic about this since Its probably already been created and I just cant find it. So i will post this here since the topic is about Abs and so on.

Im wondering with abs, how often should you work them out? I have been doing different excercises for about 3 or so months and I still am not getting the look I want. I do them everyday, and with large set numbers. I usually do 75 leglifts, 75 crunchs and a side strength excercise. It has done some stuff for me. but its not very visible like I want. I still have a little fat over them that I can' get rid of and some on my lower stomach area. but when I lightly stretch that part out you can see my abs then. Im just wanting to know how often I should do ab excercises, and what not, to get a really nice looking set of abs. I have been working on it for so long and it just isn't going any farther. :(
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/02/25, 11:52 AM
I fyou don't get rid of body fat, then they will never show and you can't spot reduce.............and you don't have to do tons and tons of situps or leg raises, do no more than 20 at a time, and do liek 4 or 5 sets.
Quality not qanity is the key
for a cruch
You chould come up off the floor, shoulder bald off, contract your abbs, hold for a count of two, go down slowly as if your "uncoiling" your abbs one at a time, pause( don't bounce) "pull up" again through your abbs, don't swing arms, or pull on your head.

DIET IS THE KEY TO EVERYTHING! abbs are built in the kitchen, if you don't eat good, your wasting your time!

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

Logger
Logger
United States
2004/02/25, 09:01 PM
dude way too much workage.(workage- what?!) i mean don't work them everyday. try every 2 to 4 days. maybe you're one of those people who need to use resistance. if you do use resistance start out light with 3 to 4 sets and 12 to 24 reps.

--------------
free your mind -Logger
TOGA62
TOGA62
United States
2004/02/28, 01:10 AM
well right now im following a few excercises they talk about here. Doing 3 sets of 20 each, every other day. so we will see what will happen. :big_smile:

As for a diet, its really tough for me to give up my good tasting foods. I just can't think of anything good to make out of healthy stuff. I really want to start eatting better, but with school and everything its really tough to. any tips? :(
Logger
Logger
United States
2004/02/28, 02:57 PM
i've got the same problem with eating right all the time cuz of school. eat a really big lunch is what i do. i eat 1/2lb to 1lb PB sandwich, two drinks, two bags of chips, and 2 kinds of snacks everyday at school. then on weekends i eat as much as possible.

--------------
free your mind -Logger