Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Keeping motivated

edstar
edstar
Australia
2003/03/12, 04:04 AM
Hello :)

I’m having problems keeping motivated to go to the gym at the moment. What do you guys to do keep motivated?

Thanxs for ya help!
bbl
bbl
Belgium
2003/03/12, 06:51 AM
See: http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=17&m_ix=44417
mattwilson
mattwilson
United States
2003/03/28, 04:00 AM
I must honestly say that if you're not motivated, no one here can help you. If you don't want to do something, myself or anyone else on here telling you to do it won't make you do it. It's all motivation, determination and drive on your part. Sorry if I sound like I'm being a jerk!

--------------
Pain is weakness leaving the body
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/03/28, 01:28 PM
1st of all to make a long story short i was bullied alot growing up.......so thats my modivation i want to be able to take care of my self and not let my self get fat and out of shape like i used to do .........2nd everytime i go into the weight room i don't worry about anything else i'm there to work out not talk or socialize i'm there to do business, i put some music on that gets me pumped and i don't stop till i done. As i work out a paticular muscle i like to use the "muscle mind connection" i think about how i want my body part to look like today, next month, and next year this same time. I know everytim,e i go and work out i know my body is changing and adapting and hopfully i'll be one of those guys in the magizines people talk about how strong i am or how big i am .......that is my modivation......... also u need some long term goals and some short term ones. My old goal was to drop body fat. When i had it done in high school i was 223 and had 21 %. 6to 7months after that i had it done this year in college. I'm now 240 with 14% percent. When i herd that it made me feel so good that my butt that i been busting in the weight room actually paid off .........now i want to get it down to 10% but i wanna be 275!
Hope this helps you some
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/03/28, 05:49 PM
Each time I finish my workout and start thinking of the next one, that helps motivate me, and also the health benefits couldn't be better. But you have to keep working at it and change your lifestyle and eventuly motivation becaomes habit. Just like any other habit you have, something motivated you to persue it.
Good Luck

--------------
Peace on earth

Ivan Montreal Canada
Perrin
Perrin
Canada
2003/03/28, 10:00 PM
Well, what I do is listen to musoic. Grant it I do miss too many of my workouts, but thats due to school work that really cannot be put on hold. But otherwise I do what carivan does.. I think of whats happening the next time I work out and that helps keep me motivated

Perrin

--------------
"There is no age limit on transforming your life. No rule that says that after a certain age you are simply the way you are and that's it. Change not only is possible at any time but is essential."
Rick Pitino
timbaland
timbaland
United States
2003/03/29, 03:00 AM
First of all I make myself go to the gym, which is like a 10 mile drive, no matter how drained I feel. Then I tell myself I didn't waste my time and my gas just to drive down here and do nothing. It also helps when I lie down, stretch, and close my eyes envisioning how much weight I'll lift. Or looking at the results other guys have gotten by training usually fires me up. Also go with a friend if you can to motivate you and push you to do more weight.