Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Big SUMMER plans..need HELP!

sweetdancer82
sweetdancer82
United States
2003/03/06, 09:17 PM
hi,

i'm nearly 16yrs old and my boyfriend is coming this july and spending the rest of the summer with me. i want to get fit. i don't think i'm fat but i don't feel thin or fit enough. i'm 5'8 and 127 lbs.
i already dance 5 nights a week and do some yoga, walking and and situps. now i'm adding the fitness program on this site. i don't feel this is enough..i really need some more ideas to get fit (bathing suit season is around the corner and there's no way i feel confident that i look hot)! i want to get to 120 and my 25 1/2 inch waist cut to 23-22inch...PLEASE anyone..HELP!

----------------------------
sweetdancer82
"follow your dreams"
JennVice
JennVice
United States
2003/03/06, 09:20 PM
sweetdancer, you're so thin! Be careful.... work with weights.... swim... but don't lose more weight
earth_angel0001
earth_angel0001
United States
2003/03/07, 01:49 AM
sweetdancer,

Someone at 5'8" should weigh around 140 lbs, so according to that, you are already underweight!

I agree with jennvice: You probably should be careful about losing any additional weight...

I do understand the feeling though (of not necessarily thinking/feeling like you are FAT, but not feeling thin enough or in shape enough)... And there is a difference! With your height and weight at what you say it is, I don't think there's any chance that you are anywhere NEAR fat! It sounds like you are already exercising quite a bit already too, with 5 nights of dance, yoga, walking and situps...

I've read that, after a while, our bodies get "used to" (comfortable?) with our exercise routines... Maybe you could change it up a little, or add in one additional thing per week...? Maybe add in some weights..? I'm not that knowledgeable about weight training, but i've seen a lot of posts on weight-training, and i know there are so many people on this board who are knowledgeable about weight-training...

It could be in your diet... And i don't mean "diet" diet (restricting food, cutting calories, etc...). I mean, what types of food are you eating? Even if you're exercising like crazy, if you're pouring junk food into your body all day long, you're not going to feel that fit and healthy. Don't change the way you eat with the goal of getting skinnier in mind, modify the way you eat to feel healthier. When you think about it, if you're not eating healthy, all the exercise we do almost seems like a waste...

Anyways, good luck! =)

(Oh! And one thing I've learned over the years: If the guy is one of those "keepers", in the end, he doesn't really care if your waist is 25 or 23 inches=), he cares about YOU, your personality, your likes, your opinions, your talents, your hobbies, etc... I know this sounds kind of cheesy, but: Get fit/healthy for YOURSELF (not for a guy), and, in the end, you'll be more apt to stick with your goals...you'll probably be that much more proud of yourself, too=))

@->>------------
sweetdancer82
sweetdancer82
United States
2003/03/07, 08:52 AM
yea that's true...my boyfriend would flip he knew i wanted to lose more weight! and my eating habits are good and bad...#1 i only eat 1 or 2 times a day (bad) and #2 i usually only eat fruits and veggies..oatmeal,cereals,eggs,and breads (good). i'm a vegetarian, so i don't get the protein and iron i need (bad). and i don't like ice creams, chocolate, candy or a lot of junk food (good)
so, overall am i good at eating or bad??
Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe
United Kingdom
2003/03/07, 10:23 AM
You should eat 5-6 small meals per day. Big gaps of time between eating like you have at the moment will make your body think that it is starving to death. As a result, it will go into 'survival' mode, slowing you metabolism down to crawl. As soon as you eat more than usual, the weight will zoom on. 5-6 small meals per day will keep your body constantly having to deal with the next consignment of food, so in response, your metabolism will speed up, and fat will burn quicker. Also, if your a veggie, then i don't see how you can possibly be getting all the nutrients you need from just 2 meals a day. and relax! Guys spend all their lives ogling and wanting to get their hands on the female form. A couple of inches here or there ain't gonna put your boyf off.

Good luck!
Katie
xx

--------------
*My body only feels good when it burns!
*Little voice telling you to quit? Put your fingers in your ears!
*"Life shrinks or grows in proportion to one's courage"
pj
pj
Canada
2003/03/20, 09:28 PM
Hi there sweet dancer i dont get how you say you dont get enough protein since your vegeterian. there are many fruits nuts beans and vegetables that has high protein. you just gotta do your research on food.
jxlynxli
jxlynxli
United States
2003/03/20, 09:53 PM
clean diet and a good routine, if you are looking to gain muscle mass and ger lean than def. lift, my bf is a hip hop dancer and all he does is dance he is tall and cut so i would assume you guys are in the same kind of setting, from what i know your metabolisim should be sky high if u dance all the time...
sweetdancer82
sweetdancer82
United States
2003/04/01, 11:12 PM
yes true..but it's not so fast coz i don't eat very much..well, as much as i should
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2003/04/02, 08:24 AM
Vegetarian diets can be tricky, do you eat dairy products? I notice that you eat eggs which is good, thouse provide a great source of protein and other essential nutrients. The other problem is running into an iron deficiency, do you take iron supplemetns or a multi-vitamin.If not thatis something you should definatley look into. And, like the others have said, it does not look like you need to lose any weight. Just eat 5-6 healthy meals a day and continue to do what you are doing. Keep up the good work and good luck.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/04/03, 10:40 AM
u might not liek this but get some sore of protein drink and multivitamin. this will insure ur healthy metabolic wise. try soy protien drinks they taste prettty good and i don't think they have any animal protin in it.......By the way don't be concurned with body weight.YOur only as healthy as u feel. Would u rather be 10 lbs lighter and think u look good ...or would u rather be 10 lbs heaver and be healthy?? Personally if someone gonna like me they gonna like me for who i am not my weight...I went from being 222 my senior year 21% body fat( last year) no almost a year later i'm pushing between 235 and 240 and 14% body fat. i never felt so good in my life. So in my opinin i wanna be 10lbs heavy and healthy anyday.