Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Iz this normall

imran4sin
imran4sin
New Zealand
2003/01/03, 10:49 PM
Sup every one!!
i need some advice.. regarding my Strength level.

My main concern is that.. I cannot do BOTH inclind dumbell press and Bench press the same day. I mean I can do it but i cannot pump it hard.
It seems I only have enough for one of the two. I can bench around 120kg(4 reps)and 100kg(10reps)--no support.

With inclind dumbell press--i start off with 28kg(6 reps) then move on to 36kg(10reps), 44kg(8reps) and finally 47kg or 49kg (4-6 reps).

I was just doing inclind dumbell press for 2.5-3months(didn'nt bench press during this time) and i managed to reach maximum lift. And recently (2-weeks )I started to continue the bench press and now I find it really hard to pump even 40kg dumbell.
But on the bright side, I can bench 120kg--thats my max.

My body weight is about 70kg. I am trying to lose the access fat I have(i find it hard to work on my tummy :-)). My aim is to get under 68kg and lift 120+bench. Is that possible.
How can I make my self do both of the exercises.

Any comments will be appriciated.
aiight ...l8r.

----------------------------
if it's to be, it's up to me
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2003/01/06, 11:58 AM
Since inclined presses work the upper chest, you won't be able to lift as heavy as you would with regular flat presses. My suggestion would be to use moderate weights when doing inclined work. Also, do your weakest exercises first and end with your strongest ones.

Hope that helps...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
erirvine
erirvine
United Kingdom
2003/01/15, 06:03 AM
I use to do a heavy set in the weights then 10-15 CV work, only light CV work but something to get the blood flowing again and give recovery time but still be active. It meant I could lift heavy for more exercises, but my strength gains dropped (I still improved but at a slower rate). But I lost loads of fat, as I was active in the gym for ages I had a high metabolism for ages. And as these bursts are so short (10-15min) I don’t use up all my energy on CV work and stop my self from lifting. You know your goals if it sounds like it might work try it.

Oh and your theory of relativity on your profiles not quite the standard one – trust me I do research into relativistic quantum theory!