Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

what is a box squat?

rtdrew
rtdrew
United States
2002/07/23, 05:01 PM
what exactly is a box squat?
-tom
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/07/23, 05:40 PM
Implementation: (A) Place a sturdy box behind you. With the barbell on a rack, walk under the weight so it rests across the back of your shoulders, grip the bar to balance it, stand up straight to lift the barbell off the rack, and step back so that the box is right underneath you. (B) Have your head back, and back straight, bend your knees and lower yourself until you are able to take a seat on the box behind you. Its important that before you sit that you lean back onto your hamstrings and glutes! Do not simply sit down! Your hamstrings should take the load! (B) Once seated contract your glutes, hamstrings and hips to get off of the box and then transfer the load onto your quads. This is performed just like a regular squat, the only difference is that you eliminate momentum in your weakest area in the squat. Besides this, squat as you normally would.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
rtdrew
rtdrew
United States
2002/07/24, 01:06 AM
i appreciate it. all the stuff i read on deepsquatter.com is great but i couldnt find any sort of description. just makin sure. if i have any more powerlifting questions, ill be sure to ask. i think im gonna start a program in a little bit. again, thanks.
-tom
rtdrew
rtdrew
United States
2002/07/24, 01:19 AM
oh and what are hypers and reverse hypers? leg extensions im guessing but whats the reverse one?