Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Question on 12 Week Program

Ricky_V
Ricky_V
United Kingdom
2002/07/09, 07:04 PM
I understand that leaving time inbetween workout sessions is important to allow the muscle to grow (etc...) so if you have (much) more time than the time shown is there really no way you can use this productively? Like on week 1 the first day are for certain muscle groups but if i exercised other muscle groups on this day would it mess up the rest of the program? Also, what kind of cardiovascular exercise should i be doing because usually i do quite a lot - should i try to cut this down? Also, are the different programs purposefully synchonised (ie. the abs are on wednesday) and the first 2 days are rest or is this just a coincidence which won't really matter if i do abs on say monday but keep in intervals the same.

In terms of diet when should i eat food? Like in terms of around my workout sessions?

Taking into account that i have quite a lot of free time, is there really no way despite this that i can make the exercise more intense? I'm certain that this program would be fine for most people but i'm convinced that i'm a hard gainer which might make my gains MUCH slower than the 12 weeks stated (or is this not the case lol).

Anyway thanks if anyone can respond
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/07/09, 07:29 PM
If you are trying to add mass, you need to cut back on cardio. If you want to do some physical, try a slower pace with less intensity (fat burning level vice cardio level). If you are sticking to the program, you should stick to the muscle groups for that day. You can always switch it up though, you don't have to do the exact exercises it specifies. I use the program only as a guideline.

--------------
Lisa
Ricky_V
Ricky_V
United Kingdom
2002/07/09, 08:19 PM