Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

beginner

syl429
syl429
Egypt
2002/08/17, 07:09 AM
i have no idea what so ever about the subject of supp.
i want a few pointers about what to use cuz food can only do so much and i need protien from elsewhere
so what should i use ??
i hear that tabults and pills and such r bad for u and that the powder stuff is much better ,is that true ?
what do u guys think about AMINO ACID 2222 (tabults)
thanx for ur help :)
BRETTO
BRETTO
United States
2002/08/17, 02:12 PM
Welcome Syl! You have found the last site you will ever need for workout info! :0)
Of course opinions do vary, but there seems to be a general concensus on the basics of daily supplementation for bodybuilders. In a nutshell: Protein shakes, Creatine Monohydrate, L-glutamine, and a daily multi-vitamin.

To build muscle you NEED protein. Eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight; 2 is optimal. Use WHEY protein shakes as opposed to SOY (whey is easiest to absorb) to supplement when you can't get enough from "real" food.
Put simply, Creatine is used for energy and performance.
Glutamine is used a fuel for the immune system, provides an anti-catabolic effect (anabolic: body tissue builds, catabolic: body tissue breaks down), and is involved in protein synthesis.
Do a search on this site and keep asking questions to get the details of the what,when,and why.

Fill out your profile and goals, and ft will design a wonderful diet and exercise program for you. Good luck!