Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Worried about getting fakes

wrestlenmuscle
wrestlenmuscle
Canada
2002/07/03, 05:33 PM
As the curious consumers go, I guess I have the curiosity of a pride of kittens, and the paranoia to boot. I have always wonder about how some stores (NOT GNC) can lower their prices by a whopping 50%, and still turn a profit.

I have a pretty cool neighbourhood store that does that, and believe you me, I have shopped around for prices. Now this place seems like the proverbial god-send, but I worry about the authenticity of the Whey and other thyroburnies thingamajiggies. Is there or Has there been cases of people plugging flour and processed egg-whites into the containers and slap on a lazer scanned sticker, and sell it for a fraction of the price?

I won't mind paying more and then get the promised stuff, than actually get crap for a discount...

Does anyone know If I can call the companies and see if they supply stuff to a/the store that i purchase stuff from?
or are those protected info.?

Any ideas?

----------------------------
Because we only get one body at birth, and I don't think 'God' will do refunds.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/07/08, 11:33 AM
I will usually stick to more "reputable" companies and their products. You usually get what you pay for when you buy those cheap products...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
tomhat9
tomhat9
United States
2002/07/11, 03:40 PM
GNC is very overpriced with there products. Theres a store called Nutrisport in California that have really good prices. Vitamin World also has some good prices sometimes with some popular brands. I've shopped at some privately owned stores that had great prices and also offered to meet or beat a competitor's price. The only thing I suggest you watch out for is the expiration date. And read the labels of the companies carefully, there are some that have a slight variation to a popular company's logo or name.